Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In the immune system T lmphocytes are activated when they recognise an anitgen. They recognize this because they are approached by and APC (anitgen presenting cell). Is the APC a macrophage or have I got everything completly wrong here?
    Because this doesnt make sense.

-Cell gets attacked and produces Histamine
    -Phagocyte attracted (chemotaxis)
    -Macrophage displays anitgen to t helper cell
    -T helper cell actives B lymphocytes
    -memory cells produced as well as plasma cells
    -anitbodies produced activate mast cells to produce histamine
    then
    -back to step one or is phagocytes are attracted becasue of histamine. but if the cells attacked produce it anyway whats the role of the mast cell?
    Can somebody please tell me where i've got the facts mixed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XYTER)
    In the immune system T lmphocytes are activated when they recognise an anitgen. They recognize this because they are approached by and APC (anitgen presenting cell). Is the APC a macrophage or have I got everything completly wrong here?
    Because this doesnt make sense.

-Cell gets attacked and produces Histamine
    -Phagocyte attracted (chemotaxis)
    -Macrophage displays anitgen to t helper cell
    -T helper cell actives B lymphocytes
    -memory cells produced as well as plasma cells
    -anitbodies produced activate mast cells to produce histamine
    then
    -back to step one or is phagocytes are attracted becasue of histamine. but if the cells attacked produce it anyway whats the role of the mast cell?
    Can somebody please tell me where i've got the facts mixed up.
    Well, When a body cell is attacked they perform 2 different jobs to activate the immune system ;
    1) They release hestamines to attract " passing by " phagocytes mainly neutrophiles so stimulate phagocytosis.
    2)Display the invasive microorganisms Antigens , just like calling for help,this will activate the appropriate T-cells by binding to this anitgen.They start to divide into 4 diffrent types of cells :
    a)T-killer cells: which usually bind to the invaded body cell and release toxins killing both human body cell + pathogen
    b)T-Helper cells: which usually release hermone like substances called Cytokines which activate the apropriate B-cells + causes phagocytosis to take place more vigorously
    c)T-supresser cells: which stop the action of T-killer once the pathogen is totally removed from the body
    d)T-Memorycells: which part of the immunological memory .. which is needed for the secondary invasion.

did this answer ur doubts ?? if not re-ask the question

ReputationRep:
    Its all good but what are the mast cells for?

ReputationRep:
    oops my bad

ReputationRep:
    Cheers this does make sense so Marcophages are APC's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XYTER)
    Cheers this does make sense so Marcophages are APC's?
    Macrophages is a type of Phagoctyes .. its function is to cut up and invasive pathogen .. so that it display its antigens .. cuz u know some cells hide their antigens so that they can Conceal themselves and prevent any WBC'z to take them off .. so the macrophages Show up their antigens To Activate the immune response so to eliminate this pathogen.
    Well, if u mean ,by APC, cells that show up [Display] the antigens of invaded pathogens.. then its right Macrophages are APC's
    Hope i helped .. re-ask if u dont understand

ReputationRep:
    Cheers its all good now just hope the exams alright now!

ReputationRep:
    all the Best !!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.