corey7695
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm gonna be picking up an ext. project when I join back to start my A2's, but my question is can i start doing it now, as in planning, drafts etc.. or do i need to wait till i have actually started ?
Elisha Rebekah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corey7695)
I'm gonna be picking up an ext. project when I join back to start my A2's, but my question is can i start doing it now, as in planning, drafts etc.. or do i need to wait till i have actually started ?
Of course you can start now Get ahead on thinking up of a topic and a title for your EPQ; this is often achieved through doing some preliminary research. Ask yourself whether you want to research something directly related to your future career path, or whether you want to do your EPQ on something you just find interesting. Start looking for sources (books, websites, documentaries, radio) that you can use for your EPQ and take down all of their details to aid referencing later on. Seek advice from people who have already completed an EPQ. You should also take a look at the Specification/Production Log online to see what the stages of the EPQ will be. I started my EPQ in the six-week holidays last year and got it done by Christmas. Once my EPQ was out of the way, I found I could focus more on my other A2s, so I would highly recommend doing some work on it now! Good Luck
tommyprice5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah you definitely can, my school actually says if we haven't finished a 'significant' portion of the research by September we get dropped from the course.
WannaBMedStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corey7695)
Because the EPQ is your project, you can definitely get started. Pick a subject and read up about it. Then choose a title that really interests you and find research into that. I suggest that you break the title down into aims that will ultimately help answer the question and that can form the back bones of your essay.

My friend did an advice video too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzz4bX9F4co

Good Luck tho!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (36)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (73)
11.59%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (70)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (80)
12.7%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (36)
5.71%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (35)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (66)
10.48%
Financial worries (41)
6.51%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
4.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (37)
5.87%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (18)
2.86%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (61)
9.68%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (51)
8.1%

Watched Threads