The Student Room Group

triple science options

does anyone know weather you can be a doctor if you don't get triple science? I haven't got my letter yet and we don't find out till next term in year 10.
Reply 1
Original post by libbyxx
does anyone know weather you can be a doctor if you don't get triple science?

You can apply to study Medicine with seperate, double or triple science GCSEs (it doesn't matter which) :h:
Original post by libbyxx
does anyone know weather you can be a doctor if you don't get triple science? I haven't got my letter yet and we don't find out till next term in year 10.

I am a medical school offer holder, and I had only done double science at GCSE.
Hope that answers your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
ok i have finished my GCSES so i can definitely help you

i was forced by my parents to do triple science
i must admit triple is hard with 3 coursework i had to do and i had to resit them in yr 11 to get A-A* in all of them
i addition there are 3 more exams that have to be done
these end 3 exams can be easy HOWEVER this years physics i found hard

if you are good/ average at PHYSICS CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY choose double science as you will get one grade for core and additional with all 3 subjects combined

however lets say if you are a bit weak on physics but REALLY GOOD/ GOOD at biology and chemistry CHOOSE TRIPLE as you will get 3 gcses of chem physics and biology.

my predicted grades are
biology - A*
chemistry - A
physics - C/B

see why im kinda glad my parents chose triple for me as my weak physics grade will inflict my overall grade if i did core and additional science

now to be a doctor you will need to get a B above in chemistry and biology (and at least a c in physics)
THEN that will get you to do a A level in biology and chemistry (THATS ALL YOU NEED TO STUDY MEDICINE ) + 1 other random A level
HOWEVER A levels are hard and to get all As is incredibly hard

But i know an easy way to get you to become a doctor but its a long process
lets says you get all C's in your science
you then are able to study a BTEC LVL 3 DIPLOMA MEDICAL SCIENCE
them you can go do a biomedical course at uni
and if you work hard in that course and get a 1st then you can you medicine at uni

so absorb my info and decide what option you want to take
all the best with your studies :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest