The Student Room Group

Is there any shops you can view Apple products other than the Apple store? (Macs)

Sorry if this is a stupid question - but the nearest apple store to me is close to an hour away.

I have an appointment next week for an unrelated issue but will be purchasing a new mac in the next day or so and really want to see some of the models in the flesh before purchasing - unfortunately it needs to be purchased before next week so I can't just wait until my apple appointment. But the idea of travelling almost an hour away for one store twice in one week is not really something I wanna do.

So yeah - am I just being really stupid or is there any places that have macbooks in stock/on display for you to view? Do places like Currys/pc world do them?

Thanks in advance :smile:

P.s. This is regarding the newest mac products if that makes a difference.
Reply 1
Hey,

From what I have seen currys pc world do display them. Also, I have also seen them on display in costco.
Hope I helped.
Original post by Himeros
Sorry if this is a stupid question - but the nearest apple store to me is close to an hour away.

I have an appointment next week for an unrelated issue but will be purchasing a new mac in the next day or so and really want to see some of the models in the flesh before purchasing - unfortunately it needs to be purchased before next week so I can't just wait until my apple appointment. But the idea of travelling almost an hour away for one store twice in one week is not really something I wanna do.

So yeah - am I just being really stupid or is there any places that have macbooks in stock/on display for you to view? Do places like Currys/pc world do them?

Thanks in advance :smile:

P.s. This is regarding the newest mac products if that makes a difference.

Odds are any store with demonstration stands for laptops will have macs to try, so pretty much all large electronics chain and other larger stores like John Lewis.
Yes PC world and Costco plus John Lewis

I have never seen macs sold for less than the educational price other than through Mac education, but my iPad was a better deal through John Lewis . This cost £5 more but had a better warranty

If buying through Mac education get AppleCare as it is a bargain at ed pricing
Reply 4
Thanks everyone - I'll check out John Lewis, hadn't thought of that. And yeah I'll give pcworld a go.

Thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending