The Student Room Group

What was your easiest GCSE exam - 2015 and what was your hardest?

Scroll to see replies

Easiest: Definitely Edexcel ICT - has always been an easy paper in my opinion despite this year Edexcel trying to make it slightly harder.

Hardest: I would say AQA English lit and AQA German but that's my fault for sucking at the subjects and not bothering to do any revision. If I chose an actual hard exam I would select AQA unit 3 chemistry - I've always been confident about C3, yet that exam was question after question of pain.

In regards to Edexcel maths, I didn't find it hard, but I made a lot of mistakes under pressure that have probably stripped me of an A* I always got under less pressure. For me I'm right on the A / A* boundary and am really scared for results day!
WJEC IT was by far the easiest but AQA Biologu was definitely the hardest.
Easiest: Religious Education WJEC & Textiles AQA
Hardest: Sociology OCR(3rd Paper) or English Language CIE(Q1)

Maths Edexcel, wasn't really hard but the shock to my nervous system in not seeing Pythagoras in 3D and simultaneous equations probably cost me an A* :'(
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chlo.Harr
EASIEST.....haha
HARDEST....maths...expected A* with 90percent of marks but a B with 60percent is looking more likely. I am so angry, since year 9 got an A* consistently.....
Oh yeah physics too but I expect poorly, my teacher was nonexistent this year....

I so relate with the maths thing I'm really annoyed
Original post by Cal1999
Agree with the Geography!

the physical paper was so bad ffs
Original post by Cal1999
Questions in the title. What exam board too?

Easiest: Edexcel Maths

Hardest: OCR History
Easiest - AQA Physics Unit 2/3 and/or Edexcel Maths Non-Calc
Hardest - AQA Biology Unit 2
(edited 8 years ago)
Easiest: R.E - WJEC or English Media -AQA (both were quite easy and I felt really comfortable andwering all quesitons during the exam in the exam)

Hardest: DEFINITELY PAPER 2 IN BIOLOGY (OCR GATEWAY , PAPER 2 IN B4,5,6) IT WAS HORRIBLE

i know there's no way of knowing for sure but in Biology I got an A* (only just) in the cw which is 25% and I think I got an A in paper 1. What do you think my overall grade would be if i got a High c/low B on paper 2 (which is worth slightly more than paper 1)

is there a chance of an A?
Easiest AQA spanish higher reading
Hardest Edexcel maths higher :frown:
Easiest: Probably one of the aqa further additional sciences
Hardest: Edexcel maths. ha ha ha
Original post by DustToDust
Easiest: Probably one of the aqa further additional sciences
Hardest: Edexcel maths. ha ha ha

Yeeeeeees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardest: Pearson Maths, paper two (Higher) / AQA English Language (Higher), purely due to timing

Easiest: I never find exams easy, but Pearson Maths, paper one (Higher) was OK
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
Easiest - Computer Science (AQA)
Hardest - Maths (Edexcel)

It's a shame because I want to do comp sci at uni and would need A level maths, but by the looks of it I'm not going to get the maths grade I need to do it at my sixth form :frown:
easiest - probably still maths i didn't find it that bad or PE
hardest - french for sure
Easiest :
Hardest : Biology and Maths
Reply 95
Original post by laura.carne
Easiest AQA spanish higher reading
Hardest Edexcel maths higher :frown:

Hey - can you PM me about the Spanish please?
Easiest: Edexcel English language (God that was a bloody breeze!!! :biggrin:)
Hard: OCR Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by Cal1999
I found geography difficult too. Why did you find it hard? What was difficult about it? Which topics did you study?

I did population, the development gap and tourism. I found the questions and sources so vague and they were giving us weird and random questions. Population went amazingly but The Development Gap was a joke, the six mark i found there was nothing to write about! The 8 mark in tourism, i still don't know what they wanted, and they ecotourism question, wtf!

What about you?
Hardest: OCR 21st century Physics P7 paper
Easiest: Edexcel German listening
Original post by Pythacurus
Hardest: OCR 21st century Physics P7 paper
Easiest: Edexcel German listening

That damn question about aliens.... I learnt about the sun and telescopes fgs

Quick Reply

Latest