Turn on thread page Beta

East Coast USA holiday watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to USA on holiday for two weeks in the summer. We're going to fly into New York, stay there for a few days (and do all the touristy stuff) and then drive to other places. So far, we have Boston and New Jersey on the list of things to do (I'm going to watch Liverpool play against Roma in the Giants Stadium). Do you have any suggestions of places I should go/things I should do? Anyone been to the east coast before?

ReputationRep:
    Thats were I live!!
    Its great

Go to Cape Cod

And go inland a bit, to like.. Salem and places. they are near Boston. I like only like 20 mins away from boston.

ReputationRep:
    Philadelphia is great, as is Washington DC, and we went to Gettysburg too whilst we were there!

ReputationRep:
    Don't spend that much time in New Jersey. It's not as bad as its reputation, but New York is literally next to it, and it is the greatest city in the world(although Londoners may disagree).

ReputationRep:
    I've been to New York, Washington DC, Gettysburg and Philadelphia (Amish Country) and they were all great!

In New York I'd recommend Macy's, Empire State Building (at night), Grand Central Terminal, Central Park and a Circle Line Cruise!

In Washington - White House, Library of Congress, Arlington Cemetary, Lincoln and Washington memorials, Ford Theatre and Hard Rock Café!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisAgain)
    Thats were I live!!
    Its great

Go to Cape Cod

And go inland a bit, to like.. Salem and places. they are near Boston. I like only like 20 mins away from boston.
    Yes salem is pretty cool, I was just in Baltimore, if you have some extra time go down to DC and see the new ww2 monument, all the other monuments, and the zoo.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.