The Student Room Group

TSR Pakistani Society - MKXIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asiangirl_18
I understand that tbh but I mean not mega closed minded like some people are and I'm not going to say I'm never going to marry from Pakistan. I need my opinion guys are guys at the end of the day no matter where they are from. As long as he I swear educated, knows fluent English and has a good personality then I don't mind where he is from. If u look at the marriages in the few generations above us, some girls and guys who are born and bred in England's have gotten married from Pakistan, by choice, and their marriages have worked out great. Then there are those who have married girls or guys from England and their marriages aren't so great at all. Ofc I'm just generalising. There are exceptions to this but for me I don't think it's where you come from that should matter. As cheesy and cliché as this is it should be the heart and personality that matters most. :smile:

I do agree tbh as well educated boys from Pakistan it does work out great. And there's some like if I married someone's from my father's side they're all from the village and I think I'll get forced but anyways that's an immediate divorce as my standards won't match his. My values are wayyy different compared to his. I don't think women should dress a certain way, they should be able to talk to any gender and wear whatever they want. And the man should trust in here and then it would work out.

Besides I think I'll get divorced my standards are way to high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redleader1
Lol so where would you marry from then ? Tbh marrying a girl from Pakistan can be a bit difficult, I mean its like what do you talk about ? Different values and different people.

People in urban Pakistan are often more westernised and liberal than British Pakistanis are.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Wot???

Looool cringe at end xD
But obvs there are loads of interracial marriages anyway so it's not like different values etc etc. Ur both Muslims anyway so obvs should be same values.

Yehh true. Plus as innit Pakistani myself I will have been brought up with some views very similar to those in Pakistan so I dnt feel there would be massive differences in values.

Original post by Habina786xx
I do agree tbh as well educated boys from Pakistan it does work out great. And there's some like if I married someone's from my father's side they're all from the village and I think I'll get forced but anyways that's an immediate divorce as my standards won't match his. My values are wayyy different compared to his. I don't think women should dress a certain way, they should be able to talk to any gender and wear whatever they want. And the man should trust in here and then it would work out.

Besides I think I'll get divorced my standards are way to high

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh those sorts values are not really appreciated by Muslims let's alone Pakistanis as in Pakistani they are brought up with a lot more emphasis on religion than most families in the UK. But even then, there are so many Pakistani Muslim men here who won't accept ur values and neither will their families. Girls seem to forget that even here in the U.K ur not just marrying the guy but his family too. If ur mother in law isn't happy, ur husband won't be happy with you either and ur life will just be hard tbh. In most cases this is. They will think ur too loose and free and that's not the kind of wife they would like. They want to feel like the only man in your life so if u have close male friends it will crush his ego and he may change his behaviour towards you, and not in a good way. So why put urself in that situation. Sure whilst ur young and in school who doesn't have male friends. But after marriage I wouldn't keep in contact with any of them whether my husband says he is okay with it or not. It could cause suspicions and I'd rather keep my marriage no matter who it is to. And dnt think like that. Divorce is the last thing u should be thinking of. When it comes closer to the age of marriage talk to ur parents and try to convince then u should have a choice. U never know what may happen :smile: and even if u get married to someone u didn't want to, u can still make it work if ur not too hard on him or urself. Dnt give up.
Original post by Ravenous
People in urban Pakistan are often more westernised and liberal than British Pakistanis are.

Yeah but they still come from a different and less develped country. Also the ones in urban Pakistan are a lot more snobby and stuck up.
Reply 5804
yeah you can't generalise a whole population of males right⁇⁇ this is funny then ay? smh;

Nice one :biggrin: But when it comes to white men and white people in general I honestly don't care and give a ****. However, when it comes to my people I will get defensive no matter what since I've lived in Pakistan before I know what things are like. Regardless, we all know white people are bland :tongue:
Reply 5805
Original post by redleader1
Lol so where would you marry from then ? Tbh marrying a girl from Pakistan can be a bit difficult, I mean its like what do you talk about ? Different values and different people.

I agree to some extent. Of course the mentality and level of understanding is different between people from Pakistan and the UK. However, Pakistan has progressed rapidly particularly in larger cities as more people are getting educated and slowly but surely changing their mentality. Many people in UK (including myself) have very similar if not the same values as many people in Pakistan, so i for one wouldn't mind getting married to someone in Pakistan. Also, what values are you talking about? please give examples lol.
Reply 5806
Original post by Ravenous

This is so true. I remember when I went to Mcdonalds in Pindi and I was sat in the car with a dupatta on my head whilst boys and girls who were dressed in Western attire where free mixing. I was like wow these guys are bare modern lol. I don't even talk to guys here in Britain, guess I'm just very traditional lol.
wow a lot of crazy @$$ stereotypes here about guys from pakistan. In my opinion, as a GUY, a lot of males are the same. We're all full of testosterone and the only difference is that some of us are better at controlling ourselves than others (others including pervy guys who like to stare).
Reply 5808
I hope you realise how ridiculously ignorant and stupid you sound. You have just proved there to be no validity in your comments or sense in yourself. You go on about not generalising people then you have just made a massively stupid generalisation and showed your dumb racist views.
Get some sense in ur precious little head before you try voicing your irrelevant opinion again
I'm not sure you could tell but I'm not a fan of hypocritical racist pple 😘

Bro Ima delete this Inabit, readin it back i kinda went on a mad one :dontknow:

Firstly, I have white family members so no I'm not a racist thank you very much. Secondly, I don't care whether you're a 'fan' of me or my views since you have no relevancy in my life. Lastly, this is an open platform where myself and anyone else can voice their opinions regardless if you're a 'fan' of them or not. :rolleyes:
Nah bro, don't delete it I unlike yourself appreciate others opinions even if they are 'irrelevant'
pakistanis beefing pakistanis over pakistanis oh lord
Reply 5810
Fam u can be racist against why people if you are related to them omd. You said that white people are bland and saying you don't care or give a ****. Racism Is prejudice and descrimination and what you did there was just that.
Voice your opinions all you like, doesn't make them anymore relevant or valid love.
You clearly didn't appreciate them stereotyping about Pakistanis, yet you expect me to appreciate you doing the same about another race like your race is better. Smh
bby girl ngl I feel for you xx

Awwww thank you so much for feeling for me it means a lot honestly :heart:
Reply 5811
aww anything for you bby xx

Spoiler

Awww Queen B :cool:
Reply 5812
Awww queen mzs95 💋

Awww I think we should stop, don't you think? Wouldn't want this to progress any further into something deep and meaningful if you know what I mean. :wink:
Reply 5813
Aww :blush:
Ooops, uh oh I think we might have already done that bby :mmm: :love: Maybe we should just let it happen?? It just feels so right ☺️😍
:innocent:

Yeah maybe we should take it slow at first and if it's in our kismet to be destined for one another then we shall take the next step forward. What do you say? :colondollar:
Original post by mzs95
Yeah maybe we should take it slow at first and if it's in our kismet to be destined for one another then we shall take the next step forward. What do you say? :colondollar:

Well omg I'm just sooo excited :blush:
Like do you not feel it already??? I just sense it and it's making me sooo 😍:drool: :love:
But okay sure if you aren't ready just yet, we can take it slow if you want. But if u wanna jump straight into the deep end then dw I'm already waiting in my swimming trunks. 💋💞💦💦
sorry to butt in but lol u guys are fighting and flirting at the same time ... this is a ''pakistani society'' theorem not ''fight nd flirt '' theorem:giggle::innocent::judge::naughty:
Sorry. We are just soo in love 😍.
Loool u just jealous of our bond aren't ya SHAHIDASULAIMAN

yeah right ... i m soooo jealous :rolleyes:
i was just trying to be a third wheel .... mwahahahaha:devil3::devil:
Awww that's soo cute 😊
Don't worry she wants to take it slow so I still got some time 😉 Looooooooooool
oh well ... i was just trying to be a third wheel ...:dontknow:
and i think its working ..... mwahahahah:devil:
(edited 7 years ago)