Aniaaa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is spending two years away from the UK at a full time higher education course( in the EU ) considered a break in residence or a temporary absence?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

If you're a U.K national then you don't need to meet the three year U.K residency criteria as long as you have three years residency in the E.U.

Hope this helps.
Aniaaa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi,

If you're a U.K national then you don't need to meet the three year U.K residency criteria as long as you have three years residency in the E.U.

Hope this helps.
I am en EU national. My permanent address and family life were in the UK, then I went of and spend some months at a university in Italy. I was wondering where exactly can I find the criteria SFE uses when assessing whether ordinary residence has been maintained and an absence was temporary. I mean like Regulations, but I am looking for exact paragraphs. Can you help me, Mark?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise