The Student Room Group

What to wear on the 1st day of college?

There is no uniform in the college I will be starting so I don't know what to wear.
I want to make a good first impression on everyone in my classes.
My initial though is to wear a smart/casual shirt and fitted trousers but when I visited the campus I didn't see anyone wearing any similar outfits so I think this outfit would be a bit too much.

Anyway, comment what you normally wear. (for guys, but make suggestions anyway)
And do you wear your college clothes to other places? (eg: going out, parties, events) Or do you have different clothes for college and other things?
You should wear dark chinos, a t shirt and a demin shirt over it
Dont button the shirt 👌
Reply 2
Heres what you wear:

Nice jeans or normal dark blue pants and a black tshirt with a blue or black coat and black sneakers. Unless youre starting at cambridge dont dress smart at uni unless theres a specific event. Dress clean but dont do shirts or fitted pants even if I dont knw what those are. I used to wear shirts all the time and its pretty annoying. For your second q again bro it depends what u do. I have a stock of light jeans and black and dark blue t shirts and then i have a suit for events. If you go clubbing jeans nice sneakers and a tshirt. If u go to private cigar clubs and soirees wear a suit.
whatever

no one will care if u come into school naked even
White converse, blue skinny ish jeans, white shirt 👌👌👌
Doesn't really matter, what do you want to wear?
Alternatively, what sort of impression do you want people to have of you and would you be able to keep it up, or would you just be wearing whatever for a few days?
Basically, whatever you would normally wear if out in public.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You should wear dark chinos, a t shirt and a demin shirt over it
Dont button the shirt 👌

chinos lol
Original post by valbrechts
There is no uniform in the college I will be starting so I don't know what to wear.
My initial though is to wear a smart/casual shirt and fitted trousers but when I visited the campus I didn't see anyone wearing any similar outfits so I think this outfit would be a bit too much.

And do you wear your college clothes to other places? (eg: going out, parties, events) Or do you have different clothes for college and other things?

Wear... clothes.
Reply 8
Whatever you want to wear in all honesty, why care what other people think about your fashion.
Well in a2 me and my friend had something called SST (super smart tuesday/thursday) and we would wear class outwear (blazers, brown pointy shoes, ties, trench coat, shirts). Yes we got looks from hundreds of people but after the first 2 weeks we didn't care.

Optimal 1.1.jpg
Reply 10
Wear a human outfit. You can fool everyone, friend :mrt:
How about:
knight.jpg
Original post by valbrechts

Although it's sixth form it doesn't really matter.

I'm just going to wear dark skinny jeans, white t-shirt and a blue shirt unbuttoned on top with the sleeves rolled up. For my shoes I'll just wear my vans.
Original post by Proxenus
chinos lol

Or jeans
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
White converse, blue skinny ish jeans, white shirt 👌👌👌

Skinny jeans are weird on a guy imo
Slim fit is the way to go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending