The problem a lot of the time is confidence... Watch

theonly1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A lot of guys say how they don't get girls etc. but I think the major problem is guys aren't making a move - propositioning a girl directly so she has to give an answer whether she's interested or not.

If you're decent looking then I'd say your chances of her saying yes are higher than 50% - to at least going for a drink or something. If you google it, most girls don't get asked out. Yeah, they get approached in clubs by guys just want sex, but that doesn't mean they're getting asked out. They're just getting approached by horny males seeing if they're up for a casual encounter.

I think some guys act like girls too much, worrying about appearance etc., if you ask a girl out, she has to find a problem to not to want to go out with you rather than her having to love something about you. If you're decent looking, you'll generally already make enough of an impression. Girls don't know what they want until it's placed in front of them.

Thoughts?
Anemone4Life
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theonly1)
A lot of guys say how they don't get girls etc. but I think the major problem is guys aren't making a move - propositioning a girl directly so she has to give an answer whether she's interested or not.

If you're decent looking then I'd say your chances of her saying yes are higher than 50% - to at least going for a drink or something. If you google it, most girls don't get asked out. Yeah, they get approached in clubs by guys just want

I think some guys act like girls too much, worrying about appearance etc., if you ask a girl out, she has to find a problem with you not to want to go out with you rather than her having to love something about you. If you're decent looking, you'll generally already make enough of an impression. Girls don't know what they want until it's placed in front of them.

Thoughts?
yea, asking straight up and not being all coy about it works 100% of the time 50% of the time. if its no then so what you lost a few words and if its yes then score.
i know people are shy and stuff but nothing annoys me more than guys? girls who go on about not finding the "one", i mean just find someone and make them the one rather than being a **** about it and asking people if they are ugly or if their personality is bad.
picklescamp
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't emphasize the importance of confidence. To me at least it's very attractive.
starlight82
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agreed. Confidence is the key to success with women
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I straight out asked out 5 girls in secondary
Got 5 rejections
Thinking of making friends with girls before dating seems more likely to work imo
And yeah confidence is a key
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
Thinking of making friends with girls before dating seems more likely to work imo
this doesn't work tbh...you'll be friend-zoned REAL quick and its always hella awkward when you tell them and they don't feel the same way and the friendship is ruined lol (this is why guys and girls can never be really friends because there's always some sort of motives behind the friendship unless either is gay or married lol...)

A more direct approach is better show your masculinity from the get go...confidence(and not showing desperation works wonders seriously) its funny how girls will start to chase you when you do those two things.
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But if you're not good looking though...

Confidence can only get you so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
RainbowKiwi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try chloroform, it worked on me.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trapking)
this doesn't work tbh...you'll be friend-zoned REAL quick and its always hella awkward when you tell them and they don't feel the same way and the friendship is ruined lol (this is why guys and girls can never be really friends because there's always some sort of motives behind the friendship unless either is gay or married lol...)

A more direct approach is better show your masculinity from the get go...confidence(and not showing desperation works wonders seriously) its funny how girls will start to chase you when you do those two things.
I am baffed now
Some people are saying become friends then date them as it is better if your wife is your best friend who you trust and all
And i dont mind getting friendzoned :dontknow:
I have gained a good friend on the way
And she may even set me up with her friends
Pretty sure i would get a hell of alot more rejections if i did that
How can you date someone you dont know?
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Blade)

Posted from TSR Mobile
pls that's bull****, that''s a poor excuse that guys who don't get women use. Go out and learn to talk to women....even I till this day still learn something new with every girl i am with. It takes time yes but once you master your own confidence and improve your conversation skills it will become second nature and you'll be badass trust me on that one
picklescamp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Blade)
But if you're not good looking though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh I would say confidence is as if not more important than looks.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am baffed now
Some people are saying become friends then date them as it is better if your wife is your best friend who you trust and all
who says you have to be friends with them to date them? lol

You have to show your masculinity i can't stress that enough. You have to show her youre a sexual being and you DESIRE her and when you do get her number or whatever don't sit there texting her with boring small talk....women get bored easily especially over text. Set up dates don't waste time, don't be indecisive either women hate that....

i learned all that the hard way from my past mistakes but now dating is actually really fun for me because now i know what im doing and now i even have some girls chasing me which i never thought would happen...you just have to know how to show your confidence and sexuality to her....just be in the moment and feel what she's feeling

the best way to learn is to go out and talk to women
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And your wallet.

If you want to keep the girl.
theonly1
Rep:
?
(Original post by picklescamp)
tbh I would say confidence is as if not more important than looks.
This is why I said you have more than a 50% chance of her accepting your advances if you make a move, because a lot of girls out there don't get approached.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
who says you have to be friends with them to date them? lol

You have to show your masculinity i can't stress that enough. You have to show her youre a sexual being and you DESIRE her and when you do get her number or whatever don't sit there texting her with boring small talk....women get bored easily especially over text. Set up dates don't waste time, don't be indecisive either women hate that....

i learned all that the hard way from my past mistakes but now dating is actually really fun for me because now i know what im doing and now i even have some girls chasing me which i never thought would happen...you just have to know how to show your confidence and sexuality to her....just be in the moment and feel what she's feeling

the best way to learn is to go out and talk to women
Ok will try that at a camp i go to soon to check if your theory is right
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok will try that at a camp i go to soon to check if your theory is right
it takes time to master your own confidence, so don't worry if you fail the first few times but take note of what you did wrong so youre getting better each time!

Good luck and have fun
theonly1
Rep:
?
I straight out asked out 5 girls in secondary
Got 5 rejections
And yeah confidence is a key
Don't get too friendly. Lots of girls get weird like that, nice guy but they don't want that etc.

I mean it's fine to be friends with a girl, but always treat her as you would a guy, if all you want from her is to be friends. I.e. don't bend over backwards just because she's a girl...

the strange part is when a male befriends a female and it's entirely innocent and just friendly, but over time you develop feelings..
The_Blade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
pls that's bull****, that''s a poor excuse that guys who don't get women use. Go out and learn to talk to women....even I till this day still learn something new with every girl i am with. It takes time yes but once you master your own confidence and improve your conversation skills it will become second nature and you'll be badass trust me on that one
I think I'll do fine in the confidence part but you need to be at least average looks to get looked at twice

Posted from TSR Mobile
trustmeimlying1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

If you're decent looking then I'd say your chances of her saying yes are higher than 50% - to at least going for a drink or something. If you google it, most girls don't get asked out. Yeah, they get approached in clubs by guys just want sex, but that doesn't mean they're getting asked out. They're just getting approached by horny males seeing if they're up for a casual encounter.

I think some guys act like girls too much, worrying about appearance etc., if you ask a girl out, she has to find a problem to not to want to go out with you rather than her having to love something about you. If you're decent looking, you'll generally already make enough of an impression. Girls don't know what they want until it's placed in front of them.

Thoughts?
I agree.takes time to improve confidence. effort time and a bit of luck.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't get too friendly. Lots of girls get weird like that, nice guy but they don't want that etc.

I mean it's fine to be friends with a girl, but always treat her as you would a guy, if all you want from her is to be friends. I.e. don't bend over backwards just because she's a girl...

the strange part is when a male befriends a female and it's entirely innocent and just friendly, but over time you develop feelings..
Ok true i wouldnt bend over backwards for any girl
Yeah that is why most people say boys and girls cant be friends but i call BS as some girls are only friends and have no chance of getting into the potential lover category
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (23)
26.74%
No (49)
56.98%
Don't know (14)
16.28%

Watched Threads