The Student Room Group

Talking to a guy but not even sure if I'm ready/want to date

I have been single for about 3 months, after a 3-year relationship. I haven't been on any dates or anything like that since, but I have just signed up to a dating site.
I thought I would see if I could get chatting to a couple of guys and maybe go on a date, as my confidence had dipped a little.
I'm about to start a PGCE course and I've got to learn another language on top of that, plus i'm learning to drive and practising for my theory test.
So I'm quite busy at the moment, and I know that that's going to be the case for the rest of the year.
I actually think I'm better off single than in relationships sometimes. I get very attached to the guy, I can get jealous, insecure and worried about losing them etc. which I know are unhealthy traits.
Alone, I am not the same, and feel much more relaxed. I do however still have a slight confidence issue which I would like to improve.
Anyway, I've been speaking to a guy who sounds absolutely lovely. Very kind and friendly, and we've agreed to meet for a date next week. I've had a couple of bad experiences with talking to people online and I'm not totally sure that online dating is for me.
But in a way, I regret starting to talk for him now. I can't say I've fallen for him or anything like that, as we haven't met up and we've only been talking a couple of days.

I did write on my profile that I was very busy and wasn't looking to rush into anything too serious. What I mean by that is that I'd not be looking for seeing each other every day, that kind of thing, as I won't have much free time.
The guy has written on his that he wants a serious relationship. I really don't know what to do. I mean, there is of course every chance that he won't enjoy our date/won't like me and thus won't want to meet again.
However, if he does like me, and would like to move to something serious, then I'm not sure.
I know I need to focus fully on my PGCE and the driving etc. as in the past I've been too focused on boyfriends, and not done as well as I could've done at uni.

Also, as I mentioned, I don't actually have a huge desire to be serious with soneone and I don't want the same issues to crop up as in my previous 2 relationships. It was probably silly of me to join this site.

What should I do in this situation? Should I go on the date, or just forget dating for the time being? thanks, sorry if it was a bit long.
I would say...go on the date keep an open mind, but maybe wait a few more days/weeks before you go on it (public place in case its not what you expected). Take things as they come and make sure he knows you aren't wanting something too serious, you never know it could be a change from previous boyfs. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, thanks a lot, I'm gonna take your advice :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, thanks a lot, I'm gonna take your advice :smile:

no problem :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending