The Student Room Group

GCSE Exam results

No ignoring it, please. Sorry it is a bit long. No harsh judgments please, guys. I recently did my GCSE exams in May and June. It was very stressful. Do you think I will be okay on result's day? Over my two years of GCSEs I went through a lot of stress, anxiety and struggle. The school I went to was quite bad ; people were asking me, ''Why couldn't you go to another school instead of this one?'' I had trouble bringing myself to work hard and revise everyday. It resulted in a lot of stress. I struggled a lot socially, emotionally and in bringing myself to study. I went into depression. I usually am very kind and polite as said by teachers and parents. However, I saw a lot of rude and unkind people, even bullies, going further than me. I would think that I never hurt others, so why am I struggling? In May 2014 I had a breakdown and was unfit to go to school. In September 2015, I returned and a whole new set of anxieties took place alongside old ones. The problem with bringing myself to study became a lot worse. Nothing my parents did could convince me to work hard. As a result I struggled even more and my grades began dropping. I felt that I DID NOT DESERVE SUCH DIFFICULTIES, especially when I tried. Maths was especially a struggle. In my younger years I was a hardworking person, but it has gone. When I did my exams, I struggled a lot. The maths exam came on the news. I got very ill before my maths exams. I had severe throat infection which made me unable to eat, drink or speak properly. I had to go to hospital. The doctor even said, '' May God help you in your exams''. It still hurt as I did the exam. There were people saying, ''Best of luck guys! Try to get at least D!''. How do you think I felt? During my holidays, everything reminded me of my exams. When I would watch TV, the volume or channel number would come as a result. I have recently been getting nightmares related to results, especially maths. I worked hard despite stresses. I felt better during the calculator paper. After the exam I lost all hope of doing A levels. It was so hard I am now praying only for a C. If I do BTEC Electrical/Electronic Engineering and go to a university, I will be very happy. I worked hard despite my issues. Will things be fine??? Oh, and best of luck with your results everyone!
Reply 1
Original post by iamtfastudent
X

If you put the hard work in and continue to throughout your years in education, then yes, things should be fine! :yep:

Try not to let issues get in the way of your dreams, and find the positives in every day.
Things will become much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending