The Student Room Group

ASKING! My subjects problems

------
(edited 6 years ago)
Typically, you are expected to do 4 Subjects at As level and when you progress onto A2, you drop one.

Universities ONLY ask for 3 full A2 levels and 1 As level.
So, as I said, drop one and focus on the remaining three. DO NOT try and show off and take all 4 to A2 level because it won't make a difference at all and your just risking getting poorer grades at A2.
Reply 2
Okay. thanks dude.~
Original post by Claudiec
HI there. I am from hongkong and i will be going to Brighton to study a-level.
so there is a question~ i saw the limited subjects to university will be 4 subjects(smth like AAAA) but my college just need me to choose 3 subjects~
So do i need to choose 4 ? or 3 is fine~?

PS. want to check out is there any students here study in brighton. want to meet some friends first :P

I only do 3 subjects and universities have told me that this is absolutely fine!
Reply 4
thanks a lot. :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
I only do 3 subjects and universities have told me that this is absolutely fine!
Depends which unis, obviously. Unis like UCL require you to have an additional AS level. The safest thing to do, to keep all your options open is to take 4, then drop 1 for your second year. Also be careful which subjects you choose because some (Critical Thinking, General Studies, etc) aren't seen as proper A levels.
I'm applying to Brighton College for sixth form :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest