Have you ever won a competition?

Watch
GuppyFox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Someone wrote a bot to win Twitter competitions and ended up bagging lots of random bits and bobs:

I once won a thunderbirds goodie pack in the official thunderbirds magazine when I was really young - it came with stickers, toys and a pop up tent which at the time I absolutely loved.
Dr Tenacious
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GuppyFox)
I won a bike and a Nintendo DS. Two separate competitions. I used to enter lots when I was younger.
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah i won a small grill in a school raffle
missaxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yeah, I've one quite a few i won a £100 voucher, £50 worth of TGI fridays vouchers, £20 nandos voucher and free dessert, a samsung galaxy camera, a free haircut at toni n guy, an ipad mini, beats and £250
bailfire
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I won a bike at school for having 100% attendance
New- Emperor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah at the ski show I won an X Box 360 and a game and the then new motion sensor thing ( the name escapes me )
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No

(Original post by missaxo)
yeah, I've one quite a few i won a £100 voucher, £50 worth of TGI fridays vouchers, £20 nandos voucher and free dessert, a samsung galaxy camera, a free haircut at toni n guy, an ipad mini, beats and £250
So jelly of you rn
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
No

So jelly of you rn
hahaha i actually have a method
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I recently won a competition my local Games Centre held on FB. I won a Sonic the Hedgehog hat along with some posters and some game t shirts. Also won an Amazon gift card from TSR before too

Posted from TSR Mobile
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
hahaha i actually have a method
You mind telling me your method?
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You mind telling me your method?
won em all from twitter Kiss FM have competitions every day, and they hold them for like 2 hours. so you need to be quick! because it's generally during the day, around 12-1 and entries close at like 4 only around 3/4 people tend to enter. and the competition is usually 'send your best pic' so just google a really really good pic and you'll win it
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
won em all from twitter Kiss FM have competitions every day, and they hold them for like 2 hours. so you need to be quick! because it's generally during the day, around 12-1 and entries close at like 4 only around 3/4 people tend to enter. and the competition is usually 'send your best pic' so just google a really really good pic and you'll win it
Ok thanks
Brb winning S6 and £5000
missaxo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok thanks
Brb winning S6 and £5000
hahahahahaha keep an eye out on their tweets!
GuppyFox
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
That's amazing!
Vixen47
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes. I got a job in retail in London opposite Westfield (Stratford). That's like the competition of all competitions, especially for a student.
cake_lover
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I won a beyblade competition at Woolworths once (ladies, please refrain from throwing yourselves at me). I won a free beyblade, happy times.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I won a Countryside Alliance christmas quiz one year and won a vintage poster for the British Field Sports Society (the organisation no longer exists, but I think the CA replaced it or something).

I won letter of the week in Shooting Times twice, winning a pair of hunter wellies both times. The second time I put my dad's shoe size down and got him a pair.

I won lotw in a different publication (can't remember which) and won a herbal nutrient supplement for dogs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (32)
16.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (60)
30.15%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (76)
38.19%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (26)
13.07%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.51%

Watched Threads