Oh, sorry I'm really dumb :colondollar:

And yes, my Uncle murdered it for me! thank you :biggrin:

Haha dw :colondollar:

Yay :biggrin:
Original post by insert-username
Manchester

Thanks why? :smile:
Original post by Proudhipster
Thanks :smile: I thought Manchester was the more mainstream one and Liverpool a bit more "old fashioned"?

I'm temping for a year but might stay for longer; why is there possibly more employment in Manchester or Liverpool?

Visited all three a while back. It's pricey to go again though :redface:

They both have mainstream and old fashioned elements. Manchester's Northern Quarter (vintage shops, record stores, affleck's palace, indie bars, etc) far exceeds the Liverpool equivalent in size. That's not to say there isn't a similar area in Liverpool, as there is, it just isn't as large. The range of clubs in Liverpool tends to be mainly mainstream. There are fewer alternative clubs as compared to Manchester.

That really is just a very crude overview. You can find whatever you're into at either city, just in slightly different proportions. I live in between the two, and generally go out (clubs and bars) in Liverpool and gigs or warehouse project sessions in Manchester as the feel is just so much better.

Both are just bigger cities. You'll see firms with offices in London, Manchester and Liverpool, but not in Newcastle.
I'm at university in Liverpool and have always lived fairly close to it, and I really love the city. I personally prefer it to Manchester because it's smaller yet still full of things to do. :smile: However I've not spent a great deal of time in Manchester so my opinion is probably biased :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm at university in Liverpool and have always lived fairly close to it, and I really love the city. I personally prefer it to Manchester because it's smaller yet still full of things to do. :smile: However I've not spent a great deal of time in Manchester so my opinion is probably biased :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham, Manchester and Leeds are the best northern cities.
Original post by vimto39
They both have mainstream and old fashioned elements. Manchester's Northern Quarter (vintage shops, record stores, affleck's palace, indie bars, etc) far exceeds the Liverpool equivalent in size. That's not to say there isn't a similar area in Liverpool, as there is, it just isn't as large. The range of clubs in Liverpool tends to be mainly mainstream. There are fewer alternative clubs as compared to Manchester.

That really is just a very crude overview. You can find whatever you're into at either city, just in slightly different proportions. I live in between the two, and generally go out (clubs and bars) in Liverpool and gigs or warehouse project sessions in Manchester as the feel is just so much better.

Both are just bigger cities. You'll see firms with offices in London, Manchester and Liverpool, but not in Newcastle.

Thanks :smile: by "old fashioned" I meant feeling a bit more 60s etc. like places like Hull do. At least architecturally etc. Manchester seems a bit more modern?

I'm more into going out clubbing, would Liverpool be better for that?

will rep once I recharge
Original post by Rakas21
Nottingham, Manchester and Leeds are the best northern cities.

Why those 3? (esp Manc) thanks
Why those 3? (esp Manc) thanks

Generally the biggest, richest and nicest. Large swathes of Sheffield and Liverpool are holes.

Newcastle is both awful and out of the way.
Thanks why? :smile:

Huge city, very similar to London but perhaps with more 'classic' victorian style buildings and nice atmosphere. It's kind of a combination of Cambridge and London appearance wise.
Very lovely environment, decent transportation (has an oyster card equivalent style of transport unlike most other cities that aren't London) so you don't need to live in the heart of the city to get easily to uni itself.
Very, VERY cheap housing compared to most places in the UK (and very nice housing at that). Overall I think it's a lovely place and very pretty.
Original post by insert-username
Huge city, very similar to London but perhaps with more 'classic' victorian style buildings and nice atmosphere. It's kind of a combination of Cambridge and London appearance wise.
Very lovely environment, decent transportation (has an oyster card equivalent style of transport unlike most other cities that aren't London) so you don't need to live in the heart of the city to get easily to uni itself.
Very, VERY cheap housing compared to most places in the UK (and very nice housing at that). Overall I think it's a lovely place and very pretty.

I'm not going to uni there, working actually (choice of offices).

What areas are best but affordable?
Manchester cause Asians :tongue: :coma:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Manchester cause Asians :tongue: :coma:

I'm half Indian :tongue:

Is Manchester more diverse?
I've never been to Newcastle but if it was between Liverpool and Manchester it'd have to be Liverpool without a doubt :smile: great shopping, night life, one off experiences like the giants, three queens etc, the people are friendly and it's a safe city center :smile:
I'm half Indian :tongue:

Is Manchester more diverse?

I dont know
I live in London :smile:
Blackpool for sure :colone: best selection of drug dealers in the whole of northern England

Quick Reply

Latest