begastrom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys!

After feeling like I left everything last minute this year for my AS Levels (and as a result have been going nuts at the thought of bad results next week), I've decided to try and get a bit of a head start to take some pressure off myself and try to learn C3 over the summer holidays... sad, I know:colondollar:

I fell behind in C1, C2 and S1 but managed to teach myself all three this year with each taking about a week to do so I feel that even if I only do 3-4 hours a week then I'll cover C3 pretty quick and then I can concentrate on C4/M1 and my other subjects in school (I took 5 A Levels + Welsh Bacc and I'm only dropping one this year so it's a bit of a handful)!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help by summarising the names of topics for C3 so I know what to look for? I'm on WJEC but I think the other exam boards are pretty similar for content. I've tried looking at the specification but I'm hopeless when it comes to working out what they mean so I looked at a past paper instead and managed to teach myself the first two questions so basically two topics, which is Simpson's Rule and solving Sec/Cosec equations. I'll attach a link to a past paper below and if anyone could just say what each topic is or link me to somewhere where I can see the content listed then I would really appreciate it, I know some questions are differentiation etc but googling that for C3 doesn't seem specific enough if that makes sense?

Thanks for any help and hope everyone's enjoying their summer, I've only been home for 3 days in nearly 2 months so I know I'm enjoying mine!:grin:
Attached files
Detiri17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There's implicit differentiation in there (q3), numerical methods (q4), integration by parts and quotient rule, Trig. integration and modulus functions (6 and 7) and functions (8)

This may help although it is for edexcel but that's the board I did

http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r.../C3/module.php

If you have any questions about it I'll try and answer
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
60% of C3 is Trigonometry, that is the MAIN content of C3 and will take up most of your time while studying it. Sketching graphs of logs, exponentials, modulus and trig functions, numerical methods and differentiation are also a big part of C3.
Artfanatic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I think you are better leaving it for your teacher to go through as you will have to relearn it in a possibly different way and you may also learn bits in a slightly wrong method.

However, I think the first few chapters in the C3 book if you have it are fairly straight forward and a lot of it is similar to C2. Saying all that however, I did learn most of it myself two weeks before the exam so if your teacher is poor at explaining things (like mine) perhaps the head start isn't such a bad idea! Goodluck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads