West Ham, poverty...

Watch
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33780720

Lol scroungers, relegation cometh your way anyhow (you read it here first).
bailfire
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)

Lol!
Lyrical Prodigy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rent free stadium, and at 80k capacity wow will it ever fill up I wonder.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
West ham are a commercial business so good on them for being able to negotiate it.

Not sure what London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) were doing in agreeing to it though.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Olympic Stadium has been a complete **** up right from day one

LOL @ whoever thought it would have any viable post games use other than football
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
Rent free stadium, and at 80k capacity wow will it ever fill up I wonder.
Think it's about 55k after conversion but if they get relegated it will be less than half full.

Why does a club like West Ham need a 55k ground? It's ridiculous. Kit stealers.
TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like their blowing bubbles song tbf
Lyrical Prodigy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Think it's about 55k after conversion but if they get relegated it will be less than half full.

Oh I see, yeah odd that.
joey11223
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zerforax)
West ham are a commercial business so good on them for being able to negotiate it.

Not sure what London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) were doing in agreeing to it though.
aye tbf it's a great deal for them ain't going to say they're wrong for nabbing the opportunity exactly, but if it does turn out the costs to even run the place are higher than rent (and public paying to pay for match security) then as a goodwill gesture a higher rent to at least make a break even would be nice.

LLDC just desperate for someone to use it no doubt, now it'll be in televised matches all season and they can say it has a use and is worth the cost etc.
joey11223
Rep:
?
lol now they bomb out of the Europa League playing the youth side as their focus is Arsenal at the weekend? Yeah...sure...I bet you'll beat Arsenal now lol. No excuses now and they'll still crash and burn this season.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With Bilic at the helm, at least it's bound to be entertaining. Way more than it would be with Allardyce, anyway.

But, yeah, Olympic stadiums make awful footballing arenas. Dreadful atmospheres, too round a bowl, pitch too far away from the crowd etc.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol now they bomb out of the Europa League playing the youth side as their focus is Arsenal at the weekend? Yeah...sure...I bet you'll beat Arsenal now lol. No excuses now and they'll still crash and burn this season.
They have a paper thin squad and relegation before their move would screw them over for years. EL just isn't worth it for them.
ComputerMaths97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahahaha love watching other fans get jealous of the Olympic Stadium!

I'm furious at what our Manager did tonight, throwing away our Europa League chances by playing a 2nd string team and not even trying.

However I know we're on the up. We'll lose on Sunday to Arsenal either way, no idea why they thought we had a chance if we rested our first team.

Onwards and Upwards though!
ComputerMaths97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Ahahahahaha please tell me who you support oh my hahahah.

Love watching other fans get jealous, it's amazing.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ComputerMaths97)
Ahahaha love watching other fans get jealous of the Olympic Stadium!

I'm furious at what our Manager did tonight, throwing away our Europa League chances by playing a 2nd string team and not even trying.

However I know we're on the up. We'll lose on Sunday to Arsenal either way, no idea why they thought we had a chance if we rested our first team.

Onwards and Upwards though!
The Olympic Stadium is a shed mate. The Boleyn Ground is a traditional footballing venue with character, this new ground will be one hell of a soulless place to play football in and never full.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Olympic Stadium is a shed mate. The Boleyn Ground is a traditional footballing venue with character, this new ground will be one hell of a soulless place to play football in and never full.
They'd fill it for the big games, if they started winning games and threatening the top six it would sell out every week with ease. West Ham's supporter base in London and the surrounding areas is absolutely huge and i'd say it rivals that of Chelsea.

It's dead in the centre of London too so you'd get the standard corporates, JCL's, tourists etc.
ComputerMaths97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahaha what are you on about, you're definitely drunk.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cameron supports West Ham of course ... or was it Villa
WelcomeToJ'sFreakShow
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
West Ham knew they're the only viable team that can get the stadium, the ball was on their court and they negotiated perfectly. Otherwise the Olympic Stadium would have gone untouched; Leyton Orient are much too small a side for the stadium. The public were gonna maintain it either way. Now it has a purpose. Well, I feel ****ed over but at the same time, you can't rationally blame anyone.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

For some reason attendances at the Stadium of Light are generally 90%+ (of a 50k seater) and Sunderland have been truly awful the last few years.

Anyway, it's not a problem, definitely no shame in loosing to a team who couldn't even finish in the top 3 in Romania last year...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (332)
34.44%
No (632)
65.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed