The Student Room Group

Would I get into uni with clearing grades?

Hi,

Like many others I am worried I won't get the grades I need to get into uni. However, I was looking at the clearing section at my university of choice (DMU) and saw that you only need 200 ucas points to get onto the course through clearing.

I was wondering if I could get onto the course with the clearing points if I don't get the 280 ucas points I need to get in?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Original post by yasama
Hi,

Like many others I am worried I won't get the grades I need to get into uni. However, I was looking at the clearing section at my university of choice (DMU) and saw that you only need 200 ucas points to get onto the course through clearing.

I was wondering if I could get onto the course with the clearing points if I don't get the 280 ucas points I need to get in?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Universities will *usually* prioritise their firm applicants over clearing applicants.

So generally if they're asking for 200 tariff points from Clearing applicants then they'll also accept firm applicants with those grades....but it does depend what results every other firm applicant gets. If everyone but you that has that course as firm gets amazing grades and meets their offer when the uni only expected half of them to meet their offer then they might have less flexibility to take lower grades (and would change the clearing entry criteria to reflect that too).
Original post by yasama
Hi,

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Hey:smile: It all depends how everybody else does on results day and 200 ucas would definitely be the minimum they would accept, nobody can give you a definite answer but i guess you could be hopeful that if you miss your grades they could be lenient if they ve drop their requirements that much in clearing.
Original post by yasama
Hi,

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

It's impossible to tell - read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419

However, it doesn't sound like they're overrun with applicants, so I suspect (but cannot be certain) that they will still take you if you miss your offer by a small margin.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Universities will *usually* prioritise their firm applicants over clearing applicants.

So generally if they're asking for 200 tariff points from Clearing applicants then they'll also accept firm applicants with those grades....but it does depend what results every other firm applicant gets. If everyone but you that has that course as firm gets amazing grades and meets their offer when the uni only expected half of them to meet their offer then they might have less flexibility to take lower grades (and would change the clearing entry criteria to reflect that too).

Original post by claireestelle
Hey:smile: It all depends how everybody else does on results day and 200 ucas would definitely be the minimum they would accept, nobody can give you a definite answer but i guess you could be hopeful that if you miss your grades they could be lenient if they ve drop their requirements that much in clearing.

Original post by Origami Bullets
It's impossible to tell - read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419

However, it doesn't sound like they're overrun with applicants, so I suspect (but cannot be certain) that they will still take you if you miss your offer by a small margin.

Thank you all for your replies!

I feel as if I'm only going to miss my entry requirements by about 10 points, so hopefully they will still consider me.

Once again, thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending