The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
tell your dad about the bank card thing because that's yours and no one has any right to take it, also tell your mum and dad that you can't ask them for money because you don't feel comfortable doing so; you don't feel part of the family because the evil monster man is ruining you. You're 16 you need to be able to express yourself, it's your life not his...
Reply 61
My mum knows I dont like him. She thinks I am being difficult (bear in mind me and my mum dont get on that great)

And if there was anybody I could get involved I would.. but I am in the US. Rest of my family is all still in the UK.
Reply 62
LewisAgain
My mum knows I dont like him. She thinks I am being difficult (bear in mind me and my mum dont get on that great)

And if there was anybody I could get involved I would.. but I am in the US. Rest of my family is all still in the UK.

maybe you should just just sit down and have a serious chat about it?

Then pop him one when hes not paying attention! :tongue: (just kidding)
Reply 63
We did that when I was back home.

Me, him an mum. They just said I was being hostile and that there was no problem, why did I have to invent one..

Since then, he got worse!!
Reply 64
LewisAgain
We did that when I was back home.

Me, him an mum. They just said I was being hostile and that there was no problem, why did I have to invent one..

Since then, he got worse!!

Jeezus this guy sounds impossible.... over the summer hang out with lots of people and spend much less time at home. Maybe you just need some time away from each other?
Reply 65
he is impossible.

I thought when we left we'd left him behind... and now he turns up.........
tammypotato
tell ur mom he sexually abused u :biggrin:

Never, ever joke about stuff like that.
Reply 67
Dont worry.. I wasnt

I know, its not somethin to be joked about..

But neither is this.. its totally getting me down now.
LewisAgain
Dont worry.. I wasnt

Don't worry!!! Keep smiling and thing will work out in the fullness of time!!! :biggrin:

BTW: If your planning on going to uni, say that you want to study here and you want to live your dad - at least it gets you away from your step dad
Reply 69
LewisAgain
Dont worry.. I wasnt

when (if) you get your card back, you could buy him lots of things and suck up too him :smile:
Reply 70
this is perhaps the toughest family campaign i've ever heard...

i think you'd better please your mom first (i.e gain her sympathy), makes she thinks that "are we being too harsh to him?"

women are always easier to work on.
Reply 71
I'm not buying him a thing.

And uni.. thats 2 years... 2 YEARS!!
Reply 72
LewisAgain

you could hide a camera in the house, and try to catch him yelling/insulting you on tape, then show it to your mom.
Reply 73
LewisAgain

then work very hard to get into uni asap!
Reply 74
What i am most worried about is that i'll get so angry I'll just lash out at him.

I dont think thats the most sensible thing to do.. but I can so see it happening
Reply 75
LewisAgain
What i am most worried about is that i'll get so angry I'll just lash out at him.

I dont think thats the most sensible thing to do.. but I can so see it happening

i suddenly find we are sometimes too soft to some evil adults, I mean he's obviously not daft, he knows you are gonna freak out one day, maybe his purpose of picking on you is just to make you punch him so everyone in your family think your are so evil and dislike you, eventually he has all the advantage and you are dead.
Reply 76
sz72
i suddenly find we are sometimes too soft to some evil adults, I mean he's obviously not daft, he knows you are gonna freak out one day, maybe his purpose of picking on you is just to make you punch him so everyone in your family think your are so evil and dislike you, eventually he has all the advantage and you are dead.

I agree. Thats probably what he's trying to do. Tho he makes out its cos he wants a happy little family.

Whatever.

I'll just put up with it. not much i can do.
Reply 77
You're in a pretty horrible situation, what with not getting on with your mum especially well either, and I think youre being very brave and self controlled about it all.

A few suggestions. First would it be possible for you to go and live with your birth dad? Even if you dont really want to do this just threatening to do it might make your mum come to her senses and make her stop being so selfish and face up to the fact that this pathetic ego monster is making your life a misery. Even if you dont want to (or can't) live with your dad permanently could you arrange to spend school holidays with him maybe?

Have you got a teacher or counsellor at school who you could discuss the problem with? If your mum was called into school to discuss it that could make her realise.

Someone else suggested discussing it with him and acting more grown up than he does about it. Difficult but a very good line if you can hack it!
Encourage yourself in the thought that two years is not really such a long time. This guy is a bit of a sad loser and you have to feel sorry for him - he is probably jealous because you are cleverer than him and are going to go to university and have your life in front of you. Try to lead your own life and not create situations that'll give him an excuse to exert authority over you eg act really mature, keep your room tidy , sya where youre going and what time youll be home, be nice to the baby sister - very interesting to see how he'd react to all this!

Just to have a little laugh at his expense - I read a book once where every morning the boy dipped his step fathers toothbrush in the toilet - oh the satisfaction ! :tongue:
Reply 78
smaug

A few suggestions. First would it be possible for you to go and live with your birth dad?

Well, I literally just moved here, an yeah.. much as I would like to go home there are problems there too.. I am better off here...

Talking to him.. I have honestly tried this over and over and over again. he just does NOT listen.

And I am good an mature.. my room is tidy, i dont stay out late.. i do all my homework.. I cant see his problem.

He picks at tiny little things, or just takes out his bad moods on me!
Reply 79
my last suggestion if nothing could stop you killing him:

Trisha

Latest

Trending

Trending