The Student Room Group

Racism

Poll

Have you been a victim of racism or know someone who has?

Have you ever been a victim of racism or know someone who has?Have you got any stories which may help me with citizenship,I have never personally been a victim so I need help!
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes for both :frown:
Reply 2
Yes.
Reply 3
Yes, but I took it in a humorous light. I'm not really affected by it.
Original post by Wendyhartley
Have you ever been a victim of racism or know someone who has?

Nope. I know someone who claims they have been a victim of racism, however.
Subject to racism? Of course.
Victim to it? Never :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah, I've had a few but the most blatant example happened when I was on a school trip in year 8. My class got on a bus back from the science museum and I happened to sit in front of a guy around the age of 50 with a friend (white). The guy I sat in front of immediately got up looked at me and said 'f*cking N****r thinks she can sit in front of me.' My teacher went ballistic the police were called and he was cautioned for racial abuse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I've been a victim. Its happened in both everyday life and online.
It still amazes me that in today's day and age, the colour of a person's skin, which they have no direct control over, causes some others to dislike and hate them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Demilb
Yeah, I've had a few but the most blatant example happened when I was on a school trip in year 8. My class got on a bus back from the science museum and I happened to sit in front of a guy around the age of 50 with a friend (white). The guy I sat in front of immediately got up looked at me and said 'f*cking N****r thinks she can sit in front of me.' My teacher went ballistic the police were called and he was cautioned for racial abuse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry you had to go through that but im glad to your teacher stood up for you.
yes
Yes, I have been a victim of racism. However, more frequently I've been a victim of people exploiting racism to make me conform to their politically correct group think. If we're going to have a thread on racism, can we have a corresponding thread on the people who are just as bad as genuine racists, please?

You know, the people who exploit racism to the point public officials are terrified to speak up on the less conventional racism felt by Pakistani grooming gangs towards white girls who they deem to be inferior to Muslim girls. You know, the racism they wanted to cover up through fear they would add oxygen to racism, or be accused of synthetic racism themselves.

Progressives have destroyed any possibility of genuine action being taken on racism, simply because they've come to use the term - alongside misogyny, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, and the likes - as a catch-all strategy for shaming people who happen to express an opinion they don't agree with (more often than not an opinion which is based on logic, not feelings).

As far as the racism I've experienced goes, well a national newspaper told me 'white men should never be allowed to hold elected position in British Universities again' a few weeks ago. I was also told by Goldsmiths University that white men are banned from attending diversity events. I was also told by the UCL, in accordance with its degree programme 'whiteness studies', that I'm responsible for all of society's problems, because I'm white. I'm also frequently told I experience 'white privilege.'

Of course, this is all moral relativism - what applies in one context doesn't apply in another. 'It's not possible to be racist towards white people as racism is a structural issue and as white people hold all the power (tell that to the millions of working class white people) they can't be a victim of racism.'

One rule for some members of society, other rules for other members of society = progressivism.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest