The Student Room Group

Getting Over an Ex

I had been secretly seeing this guy for a few months. We had the same humour, both physically attracted to one another etc and though we did not pursue a relationship for reasons such as gossiping, parental values and the possibility of moving to a university in a years time, we remained exclusive to one another. I can't wholly say I was in love but I did and still do hold very strong feelings for him which I was told were requited.
Long story short, he got off with a girl he had a past with and it broke my heart because he knew i do not like this girl. I didn't tell him I knew but just said that we should end our thing because i was holding him back from other possible relationships etc.
It's been a few months and I am still thinking about him everyday, I get jealous when I see him with someone else and I can't cut him out because we have the same friendship circle and are confined in the same college. It's taring me apart inside and I need advice on how to get over him and face the possibility of him moving on and loving another person.
I understand we weren't in the conventional relationship and it couldn't have lasted long anyway but we both understood the exclusiveness mutually and had strong feelings for one another, well, I did anyway.

I just really miss him and I should be angry but I'm not anymore, just desperate to find a way to get over him.
Reply 1
You need to try to force yourself out of it. It'll feel stupid and pointless at first but there's nothing else for it but a bit of persistence. Rationalise why being with him is wrong, when you start missing the relationship remind yourself of that. Keep yourself busy, taking up something new would be good, so you feel less like there's something missing in your life. Generally focus on doing things that will make you happier.
Reply 2
A similar thing happened to me this year. She kept me behind one day and said that she didn't see the way it was going and that she wanted 'arranged marriage'. A few weeks before I confronted her about her 'friendship' with one of my friends. Turned out that after we split, she took off with him. It was very relaxed and not conventional, and I genuinely thought it would go one for a long time.
I would agree with the above post that you will feel stupid and you will blame yourself, but don't miss all of it. Focus on the future, don't dwell on the past.
I waited for them to come back as friends from February (when this all happened) to June/July, and they didn't. Now my life has never been better.
that's what happens when you are only seeing each other unlucky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending