Sophiaoreillyg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So for a while now I've suffered with social anxiety, this causes me to feel pretty low a lot of the time. My social anxiety basically stops me from doing so many things, making new friends, going to parties, getting a boyfriend, getting a job bla bla bla... I have now gotten to the point where I no longer want to leave the house, the last time I left the house with my friends was over 2 weeks ago. I recently had my GCSEs and my social anxiety stopped me for asking teachers for help, or even asking others. I'm pretty sure I didn't pass a couple and didn't do as well as I could of.

Me not seeing people has just left me feeling extremely empty, sort of like not really having any point of being happy anymore. I feel so depressed and I just don't really have anyone to talk to that won't judge me or call me dramatic. No one I know remotely understands what it's like so i'm just always being left in the dark. I desperately don't want to feel like this anymore. How can I be happy again and get over this stupid phobia?
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sophiaoreillyg)
So for a while now I've suffered with social anxiety, this causes me to feel pretty low a lot of the time. My social anxiety basically stops me from doing so many things, making new friends, going to parties, getting a boyfriend, getting a job bla bla bla... I have now gotten to the point where I no longer want to leave the house, the last time I left the house with my friends was over 2 weeks ago. I recently had my GCSEs and my social anxiety stopped me for asking teachers for help, or even asking others. I'm pretty sure I didn't pass a couple and didn't do as well as I could of.

Me not seeing people has just left me feeling extremely empty, sort of like not really having any point of being happy anymore. I feel so depressed and I just don't really have anyone to talk to that won't judge me or call me dramatic. No one I know remotely understands what it's like so i'm just always being left in the dark. I desperately don't want to feel like this anymore. How can I be happy again and get over this stupid phobia?
Hey,
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this have you seen your GP or anyone else about these problems?
lucylocket118
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know how you feel I don't have social anxiety but I am depressed and feel lonely too
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would agree with Little Popcorn that seeing your GP would be a good idea. What you've described sounds a lot like social anxiety. The good news is that you don't need to suffer through this; there is help available. Given your age, I imagine a doctor would put you on the waiting list for therapy rather than giving you medication. NHS waiting lists can be pretty long so you could try checking out the online therapy program Moodgym in the meantime. I hope you feel better soon, anxiety and depression really suck.
Sophiaoreillyg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Hey,
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this have you seen your GP or anyone else about these problems?
I did go to counselling on this 6 weeks program thing and it helped a ton, like was getting to the point where I was no longer feeling nervous and was finally feeling like my social anxiety was slipping away.But when the summer holidays came I obviously started seeing less people and spent all my time at home and in bed, I think I have relapsed into my bad social anxiety stage again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophiaoreillyg
Rep:
?
(Original post by lucylocket118)
I know how you feel I don't have social anxiety but I am depressed and feel lonely too
It really sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophiaoreillyg
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I would agree with Little Popcorn that seeing your GP would be a good idea. What you've described sounds a lot like social anxiety. The good news is that you don't need to suffer through this; there is help available. Given your age, I imagine a doctor would put you on the waiting list for therapy rather than giving you medication. NHS waiting lists can be pretty long so you could try checking out the online therapy program Moodgym in the meantime. I hope you feel better soon, anxiety and depression really suck.
Thanks, I think seeing my GP is a good idea, I really want to feel better before I start sixth form as well and try and get back to my normal self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (417)
43.8%
No (99)
10.4%
I'm not old enough (436)
45.8%

Watched Threads