Going into Sixth Forms on results day

Watch
jas-k
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I was wandering if I stood a chance of going into St Michaels Catholic Granmar School on GCSE results day and getting accepted into their sixth form. I have been predicted over 7A*s. My back up options are Dr Challoners High School and Mill Hill County High School if this fails.
What do you guys of the schools?
My late application is due to the fact I thought St Michaels was too far away because I live in Harrow but I recently heard they have a coach travelling from Harrow.
Anyone who goes to St Michaels, please tell me more about the school. Thank you!
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jas-k)
So I was wandering if I stood a chance of going into St Michaels Catholic Granmar School on GCSE results day and getting accepted into their sixth form. I have been predicted over 7A*s. My back up options are Dr Challoners High School and Mill Hill County High School if this fails.
What do you guys of the schools?
My late application is due to the fact I thought St Michaels was too far away because I live in Harrow but I recently heard they have a coach travelling from Harrow.
Anyone who goes to St Michaels, please tell me more about the school. Thank you!
It's worth a shot but keep in mind popular schools are always oversubscribed with long waiting lists and they will be busy sorting things out for their existing students/prospective students so the people you need to meet may not be able to see you. BUT if you don't try, you don't give your self that chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jas-k
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm aware that I am very unlikely to be accepted but I guess it's worth a shot! Thanks so much.
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jas-k)
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm aware that I am very unlikely to be accepted but I guess it's worth a shot! Thanks so much.
Did you apply to any public schools?
jas-k
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raymat)
Did you apply to any public schools?
No, I didn't, have you?
Gnomes&Knights
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jas-k)
No, I didn't, have you?
No, I've already completed sixth form.
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My sixth form is in Harrow haha.
I know a girl who went to St Michaels, then she failed and repeated in my school. She said the teaching was ordinary and nothing special.

But if you are predicted 7a*s and you get 5a*s+ at gcse, you should get in.
jas-k
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelcake123)
My sixth form is in Harrow haha.
I know a girl who went to St Michaels, then she failed and repeated in my school. She said the teaching was ordinary and nothing special.

But if you are predicted 7a*s and you get 5a*s+ at gcse, you should get in.
Thanks for the reply. But will I get in on results day? I made a big mistake last year and thought Dr Challoners would be the best option and beat sixth form WITHOUT going to the open days. And I recently went to an induction and hated it so I'm really scared about results and choosing my ultimate sixth form.
jas-k
Rep:
?
(Original post by jas-k)
Thanks for the reply. But will I get in on results day? I made a big mistake last year and thought Dr Challoners would be the best option and beat sixth form WITHOUT going to the open days. And I recently went to an induction and hated it so I'm really scared about results and choosing my ultimate sixth form.
Oh and what sixth form do you go to and is it any good academically and socially?
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jas-k)
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I think your grades are crucial. I was acc going to apply there but I was too lazy because I heard there was an entry exam? But apparently there wasn't. Its great that u care v much about which sixth form you go to. But, honestly a levels is wholly independent. You should go to a sixth form where the syllabus and examboard is great, Not just the teaching. But I'm guessing you already know this anyways if you don't get into st michaels it's not the end of the world! Have a plan b, but I hope u do get in:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
jas-k
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelcake123)
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I think your grades are crucial. I was acc going to apply there but I was too lazy because I heard there was an entry exam? But apparently there wasn't. Its great that u care v much about which sixth form you go to. But, honestly a levels is wholly independent. You should go to a sixth form where the syllabus and examboard is great, Not just the teaching. But I'm guessing you already know this anyways if you don't get into st michaels it's not the end of the world! Have a plan b, but I hope u do get in:p:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like my exams went quite well so I'm not too scared about my grades. Yeah, I've checked the syllabuse and exam board and they all seem to be really good for me!!! i love the school and I hope I get in. Also thank you for all the help and the information you have given. I'm planning on working really hard. What sixth form do you go to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.74%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.93%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.69%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads