The Student Room Group

Deloitte summer vacation scheme

Dear all,
I have been invited to the online tests for the summer vacation scheme. I was wondering if everyone got to this stage that had applied or do they actually cut down from the initial application.

I am guessing this is the stage where they start to drastically cut down the number of people that go through to the next stage.

Anyways, on the website it states that there are only 3 stages to the applcation:
1. online applcation
2. online tests
3. interview

I am sure they used to have an assessment centre. Am I wrong?
Reply 1
They didn't have ACs last year either. I guess they've just overhauled the process in the past few years.
Reply 2
Yup, they took out the assessment centre severalyrs ago, I had an offer from Deloitte last yr - for the grad scheme, the summer vacation scheme applicants only had the case study plus the manager interview and then they got an offer if they impressed!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by ohdrama
They didn't have ACs last year either. I guess they've just overhauled the process in the past few years.

Original post by mo2
Yup, they took out the assessment centre severalyrs ago, I had an offer from Deloitte last yr - for the grad scheme, the summer vacation scheme applicants only had the case study plus the manager interview and then they got an offer if they impressed!!!!

Thanks guys.
So do they only start cutting peope off afger online tests?
Reply 4
Even at the beginning, if the answers are not right, then they are rejected, however, since you have already made it to the online test, you should not worry as other people are chilling and right now there is less competition to get an internship.
Reply 5
Original post by mo2
Even at the beginning, if the answers are not right, then they are rejected, however, since you have already made it to the online test, you should not worry as other people are chilling and right now there is less competition to get an internship.

haha thanks for that :biggrin:
well I will probably need you IF I get to the interview stage heheh
Reply 6
Yeah I agree. The new tests aren't particularly hard from what I've heard and lots of people will only start applying later on. It's good to get the tests and the interview in particular out of the way before uni starts if poss. Takes all the pressure off you knowing that you have one internship sorted for the summer (just assuming you'll do fine here haha :tongue: )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending