The Student Room Group

Course start date confusion?

Hi everyone.

On my UCAS track letter it states

'Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 0015 with a point of entry 1.'
and on the front page it says
' Start date: 1 Sep 2015
Start from: Year One '

But today I received my congratulation letter stating
'Term commences on Monday 21 September and your first view dates at university will center on Induction etc etc etc

So when do I actually need to go and start my official course? I'm confused or am I just being dumb lol. I really appreciate the help.

I think I start on 21 September because it does make sense no?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lucky1993
Hi everyone.

'Subject to you meeting any outstanding non-academic conditions* you’ll begin the course on 1 September 0015 with a point of entry 1.'

'Term commences on Monday 21 September and your first view dates at university will center on Induction etc etc etc

So when do I actually need to go and start my official course? I'm confused or am I just being dumb lol. I really appreciate the help.

Don't worry, i think you'll start around that date, mine said the 1st on Ucas but i actually start on the 14th! Best bet is to email your university and find out the proper date like i did! Ucas always says the start date is the 1st apparantly but it isn't! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Navan01
Don't worry, i think you'll start around that date, mine said the 1st on Ucas but i actually start on the 14th! Best bet is to email your university and find out the proper date like i did! Ucas always says the start date is the 1st apparantly but it isn't! :smile:

Not gonna lie when it said 1st of September it did crap my pants a little because its sooo early lol ;D

Btw did you get a congratulation letter? did it state the dates like mine?
Reply 3
Hi everyone.

Hi.

Your UCAS Track letter will have been issued before the university confirmed the start date of your course.
Go by what it says on your congratulation letter. And have a look on the uni's website too because there will probably be pre-arrival information on there for new students that will set your mind at rest.
And congratulations on your congratulation letter! :smile:
Hi everyone.

UCAS just puts the 1st September as a default, the 21st will be the actual start date- no English/Welsh uni starts so early
Reply 5
Hi everyone.

What campus and what course are you doing? :smile:
Hi everyone.

I would have thought your start date is Monday 21st September 2015. We've had a few students contact us with this exact same query so don't worry - you're not being dumb :smile:

To be on the safe side I'd recommend you contact your selected University and just double check.

Best of luck and I hope you found this information useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending