The Student Room Group

Are you going to post your GCSE results online?

Are you going to post your results on Facebook or Twitter or such like ? I am not entirely sure if I will not regarding how I do; if I am disappointed obviously I do not want to share that with the world, however if I do really well I'm not sure if I would come across as arrogant and a show off?

Any past posters of results? Or those who have made the decision not to, if so why?

:biggrin:
Reply 1
I definitely won't, even if I manage to get straight A*s but only because people will see it as showing off, and if I don't get those grades then other people will talk about how much better they did than me ( which I hate) but if you know that the people who see it won't compare themselves to you then go for it, if you're proud post them on there because to be fair you worked for it!
I'll probably post them on here because it's basically anonymous, so no one I know will be able to compare!
Reply 2
maybe on this but not on FB, Twitter but will tell mates through inbox on FB
Reply 3
Here, twitter and snapchat.
I'll post mine: Note: (F: Stands for foundation tier and H stands for Higher Tier), F Maths C, H English C, Double Award Science C&D, F History D, H ICT C, HE E. OCR resit year, Pass (C)
I did for my GCSE's, but most likely won't for my AS's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
No on personal social media, because if I do bad I obviously won't be proud of it and if I do well it makes it look like I'm showing off. Might tweet how I feel but no actual results definitely (unless I'm asked)

Might do on the GCSE TSR thread though. Depends how awful I do :lol:
I was thinking about this and I will only want to if I do really well but then I feel like it will look as though I'm showing off, so I will probably only put them on here if they're good enough to share. I will probably tweet about results day a fair bit but might not state my actual exact results because I don't want to look annoying haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll post my results on TSR, but not on any social media. I'll only tell people what I got if they ask me first, because I'm not too fussed about how everyone else may have done (and it doesn't matter tbh).
Maybe on TSR, as the discussion on here is interesting and it is fairly anonymous. Facebook is the only social media I have, and I only have 6 friends - but I won't post them on there, people don't care about my results (except close friends) and likewise, I do not care about theirs.
Reply 10
Ya next year i'll post them on here and maybe on YouTube comments.
No (to all results - I'm not a current GCSE student) because it is impossible to word it in a way that can't be interpreted as showing off.

Well, you can write 'I PASSED! :biggrin:' or 'gonna be resitin, bruvs (0.0) init' to let people know what your future is, but other than that there is no need to shout your results out to the world.

By all means tell people about your results via private messages or irl chats though.
Haha I only recently deactivated my main non-personal twitter account and don't really use my personal acc (I'm talking like 1+ years since I've used it) so probably not. I know that some people will most probably post on Snapchat and Insta etc and tbh I'd only do it if they were good. I'm not sure though. I don't like bragging or broadcasting my results because I hate feeling bad and making others feel bad. That's why I'm a strong believer in also not saying I aced x exam in case someone else felt really bad about it.

Quick Reply

Latest