The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Should I leave now or resit?

Hi people,

I've just got home a few days ago, to pass my first year here I need to re-sit my 2 majors which I failed by 0.2 and 0.3 Aggregate score.

But on the day of my last exam that was my final embrace, I didn't want to touch another Academic thing in my life after that, I don't want this, this is just making me worse!

I did well in the first two terms, my coursework etc. were above C level... my last term is when I got this feeling, it shows in my transcript, I was getting D's and C's even lower then I've got less than 9.0 aggregate score in almost all my exams.

I just want to leave it, but will everything will just be in vain? will it not count towards anything?

I don't want to re-sit, I just want to leave.

I'm on the Computer Science degree scheme in SCC.
Hi,

I was in your identical position back in 2003. Here is my advice. Take a year out and get a job and then go back when you have got it together. I took a year out after my second year at Lancaster - best thing i ever did. I went from dropping grades and no desire to study now I have a BSc and MSc and a high level management job in my field which i love. I get to travel all over the world and produce work I am proud of. My (now husband) also took 2 years out from Lancaster after he couldnt face turning up to exams. He is currently completing his bio medical science PHD at one of the most prestigious institutes in the world.

Don't be hard on yourself - take a minute to chill. Whatever you end up doing you are likely to be doing for at least 50 years - make sure its something you love.

FYI your parents will hit the roof - ride through it, they will recover.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending