Not coping well... what to do? Watch

Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Do you have any friends you could meet up with perhaps?

You say you've been finding it hard to get up in the mornings; this could go 2 ways. You could take advantage of that and stay in bed - I find it easier to ignore stress if I'm asleep, just spend the next few days sleeping as much as possible. Conversely, you could force yourself out of bed at the same time everyday and draw up a timetable of stuff to do each day - keeping occupied can help to take your mind off stuff and ime a lot of psychologists recommend this sort of approach for depression.
ScaryScience
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm really sorry you're feeling so bad. You say that it's hard to get out of bed - if you're sleeping normally/sleeping too much then in all honesty I would take advantage of that and sleep as much as possible between now and results day. I often sleep if I can, when being alive/conscious feels too hard. Other things could be ringing the Samaritans/another helpline to release some of these emotions, colouring, drawing or writing it down, taking a bath or shower, going for a walk, listening to calm music and practicing breathing exercises.
mediageek123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sabertooth's ideas are good.

You could also try some gentle excercise? That'll help relax you maybe (like simple yoga, stretching etc).

Also keep in mind thete are plenty of options out there, many of which you are unaware of. Try & stay as positive as you can, I know its hard but I'm sure you'll pass easily :-).
insert-username
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)

You say you've been finding it hard to get up in the mornings; this could go 2 ways. You could take advantage of that and stay in bed - I find it easier to ignore stress if I'm asleep, just spend the next few days sleeping as much as possible. Conversely, you could force yourself out of bed at the same time everyday and draw up a timetable of stuff to do each day - keeping occupied can help to take your mind off stuff and ime a lot of psychologists recommend this sort of approach for depression.
Hi Sabertooth, thanks a lot for the reply and helpful advice
All my friends are either on holiday or already have plans unfortunately :l so i havent been able to spend any time with anyone going out
i think you're right about sleeping, i'v been doing that a lot for the past few weeks. i normally sleep during the day and am up all night (my sleeping pattern got messed up because i travelled to a country with a different time zone a few weeks ago) I do try to sleep as much as I can when I can't get out of bed, but it can get tough when i'm awake all night with no real plans or anything to keep me occupied and it gets hard to stop my thoughts from spiralling
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and all your helpful advice. I'm going to try working out a timetable
insert-username
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ScaryScience)
I'm really sorry you're feeling so bad. You say that it's hard to get out of bed - if you're sleeping normally/sleeping too much then in all honesty I would take advantage of that and sleep as much as possible between now and results day. I often sleep if I can, when being alive/conscious feels too hard. Other things could be ringing the Samaritans/another helpline to release some of these emotions, colouring, drawing or writing it down, taking a bath or shower, going for a walk, listening to calm music and practicing breathing exercises.
Thanks for the reply, ScaryScience, I really appreciate it. I agree with all you said about sleeping when it's too hard to cope with being conscious. My depression makes me very lethargic and I'v been sleeping a lot during the day. for the most part i think it's really helped with coping so far as I dont have to deal with being awake as often. Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions, i'll try your writing suggestion as that sometimes helps. Thank you
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really think you should go to the doctors, they may be able to prescribe you a short course if diazapam which will keep you calm until/during results day. Even if you don't want medication I think you should seek professional help..
insert-username
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mediageek123)
Sabertooth's ideas are good.

You could also try some gentle excercise? That'll help relax you maybe (like simple yoga, stretching etc).

Also keep in mind thete are plenty of options out there, many of which you are unaware of. Try & stay as positive as you can, I know its hard but I'm sure you'll pass easily :-).
Thanks for the positive reply and encouragement, mediageek, I really appreciate your vote of confidence. I'm trying to stay as positive as I can
ScaryScience
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by insert-username)
Thanks for the reply, ScaryScience, I really appreciate it. I agree with all you said about sleeping when it's too hard to cope with being conscious. My depression makes me very lethargic and I'v been sleeping a lot during the day. for the most part i think it's really helped with coping so far as I dont have to deal with being awake as often. Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions, i'll try your writing suggestion as that sometimes helps. Thank you
You are most welcome. If it would help to talk to someone then please feel free to PM me. I hope you get the results you want and need come results day
insert-username
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hevachan)
I really think you should go to the doctors, they may be able to prescribe you a short course if diazapam which will keep you calm until/during results day. Even if you don't want medication I think you should seek professional help..
Thanks for the suggestion, Hevachan. i'v been considering visiting my gp, i'm going to see how i get through the weekend and if things get worse by sunday i'll have to get a walk in gp appointment for monday morning
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm very new to all of this and this was the first thread I saw. I wanted to talk about something I am worried about - I don't know if this is the best place but i'm going to anyway. Recently i have had a really bad fear of not being here anymore. And this has happened before but not when i have been stressed like I am it has always been around my time of the month. however I am a very highly stung person, I am always worrying about something! when I was younger I used to get eczema as that was my body showing stress but as I have gotten older I am not getting eczema but anxiety!

I don't really know why I am writing this, I don't know if it is to get the reassurance that i'm not alone but I am so unsure where to turn.
Hevachan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion, Hevachan. i'v been considering visiting my gp, i'm going to see how i get through the weekend and if things get worse by sunday i'll have to get a walk in gp appointment for monday morning
Good idea don't try to be brave, if you need help then it's there good luck for results day and remember that your mental health is the number one priority!
If you want to try something to help this weekend I'd recommend:
Download the app 'what's up!' (Good for all mental health )
Exploring www.getselfhelp.Co.uk
Youtubing 'the honest guys ' and do a guided meditation
insert-username
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm very new to all of this and this was the first thread I saw. I wanted to talk about something I am worried about - I don't know if this is the best place but i'm going to anyway. Recently i have had a really bad fear of not being here anymore. And this has happened before but not when i have been stressed like I am it has always been around my time of the month. however I am a very highly stung person, I am always worrying about something! when I was younger I used to get eczema as that was my body showing stress but as I have gotten older I am not getting eczema but anxiety!

I don't really know why I am writing this, I don't know if it is to get the reassurance that i'm not alone but I am so unsure where to turn.
Hi there, I just want to let you know that you are most certainly not alone when it comes to anxiety and stress, and its very good to reach out to others like this. I really think it would be beneficial and help greatly if you could talk to someone in depth about your feelings

The mental health forum ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=659 ) has many useful threads it might be beneficial to read and you might want to consider making your own thread there as this will be the easiest way to get unique feedback and hear back from people who'v experience the same kind of issues.

TSR also has specific volunteers who you can message directly for one to one chat and will listen to you

Anxiety is a tough thing to cope with, never be afraid to reach out to others for support
peachlet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)

so do you mean try avoid my routine usual time table which i've done in the education year like getting up at 8:30 am read study books?
sophster.xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there, I just want to let you know that you are most certainly not alone when it comes to anxiety and stress, and its very good to reach out to others like this. I really think it would be beneficial and help greatly if you could talk to someone in depth about your feelings

The mental health forum ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=659 ) has many useful threads it might be beneficial to read and you might want to consider making your own thread there as this will be the easiest way to get unique feedback and hear back from people who'v experience the same kind of issues.

TSR also has specific volunteers who you can message directly for one to one chat and will listen to you

Anxiety is a tough thing to cope with, never be afraid to reach out to others for support
Thank you, I am not feeling the best today ether However I am thinking the reason I have got myself into this and it may be due to finding out my results for my GCSE's on the 20th, but then I thought to myself why would I be thinking about those type of thoughts and not if i'm going to fail? ;s I don't know

thank you for the support as I am feeling better after someone to talk to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads