Have you ever seriously considered living a mobster lifestyle? Watch

Killa Kam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
There has been times whilst at work bashing away on the computer where I think about becoming the next Pablo Escobar, Frank Lucas (American Gangster movie), Frank Mathews etc. But after weighing up the cons I don't bother and continue bashing away at my pc. I wouldn't last a minute in Prison, I think alot of inmates would automatically be after me (sexually) and be arguing over who gets me. I think if they taught crime and punishment in schools it would lower the crime rate, showing that you can be a criminal but these are the consequences etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mick.w
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Killa Kam)
There has been times whilst at work bashing away on the computer where I think about becoming the next Pablo Escobar, Frank Lucas (American Gangster movie), Frank Mathews etc. But after weighing up the cons I don't bother and continue bashing away at my pc. I wouldn't last a minute in Prison, I think alot of inmates would automatically be after me (sexually) and be arguing over who gets me. I think if they taught crime and punishment in schools it would lower the crime rate, showing that you can be a criminal but these are the consequences etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Teaching crime & punishment wouldn't make a difference. The criminal world is the basket that catches those who have fallen through the safety nets of society.

frank mathews just a good trade link from the golden triangle.
pablo was a local of a country that grows drugs there.

the uk has a very different criminal tradition and large organized gangs are not common.
there's a few old crime families from post wwii dotted about the place.
but most of them have fallen on one side or the other of either falling down the ranks to a low level or going largely legit.
most of the mobs in the uk are extensions of foreign mobs. many of the white gangs with british accents are usually linked to the IRA.
asian gangs, turkish, polish, russian, italian, chinese are all linked back to their home country. the polish gangs linked to white supremacist organizations. the russian gangs linked to state oppression of the jews or chechens. the turks with their oppression of the kurds or using the grey wolves political party (who are anti kurdish) and training them up to be rival criminals. pakistanis obviously linked to the taliban in northern pakistan and afghanistan. chinese and italian are the only two exceptions as the two of them have a really looooooong history of secret societies.

the criminal world is very crap. success stories are less frequent then lottery winners. find famous gangsters. the top of their food chain. they all have screwed up lives with them or their family members in prison or death or both.

being the head of the organization is not really desirable. you just become the top target.
AristoBrat!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Unless I had my own cartel of minions.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Mostly because I have a lot of strong moral beliefs but let's say for some wild reason I lost those, my reason would kick in.

You're much better off to be the highest one up the chain if you're in the mob world for many reasons - protection, power, money, less dispensable etc. But reason says thay the higher up the chain you are the bigger the target on your head -from all angles: the authorities, rival gangs and from people within your mob who want to climb the ladder. Horrendous. You'd be watching your back 24/7 and it would never be a matter of 'if' someone was going to snuff you out, it'd be a matter of when. I don't know how any one can live like that.

When you look into cases like Pablo's or any other major mobster - they all ended up badly. You play by the sword, you die by the sword. Even criminal gangs in England who pale by comparrison have pecking orders and kill one another. It's not like the movies, it's pretty grim. Better have a legitimate job and earn less than to do illegal activities, earn a load of money, live in a paranoid manner surrounded by maniacs and end up with a bullet between your eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zyzzyspirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, family was quite poor at the time and the thought crossed my mind.
Killa Kam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
No. Mostly because I have a lot of strong moral beliefs but let's say for some wild reason I lost those, my reason would kick in.

You're much better off to be the highest one up the chain if you're in the mob world for many reasons - protection, power, money, less dispensable etc. But reason says thay the higher up the chain you are the bigger the target on your head -from all angles: the authorities, rival gangs and from people within your mob who want to climb the ladder. Horrendous. You'd be watching your back 24/7 and it would never be a matter of 'if' someone was going to snuff you out, it'd be a matter of when. I don't know how any one can live like that.

When you look into cases like Pablo's or any other major mobster - they all ended up badly. You play by the sword, you die by the sword. Even criminal gangs in England who pale by comparrison have pecking orders and kill one another. It's not like the movies, it's pretty grim. Better have a legitimate job and earn less than to do illegal activities, earn a load of money, live in a paranoid manner surrounded by maniacs and end up with a bullet between your eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
True

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (43)
32.58%
No (68)
51.52%
Don't know (21)
15.91%

Watched Threads