SalPKhan
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

I am interested in doing a PPE degree at University next year and want to do an EPQ related to this course but I am struggling with ideas, any suggestions?

thanks
angelcake123
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
For EPQ you probably know this, but your question/thesis/title can't be related to the syllabus of your AS/A studies. So the suggestions I may offer may be linked, I'm not sure, but I hope I helped!

I think it's much easier to focus more on the economics and politics side:
- the issue of the rising gap between the rich and the poor - and its effects on econ objectives
- the problem of rising tuition fees on the working class
- drug companies that charge large sums for cheaply-made drugs should be punished severely
- if David Cameron took policies the same way that prime minister Peel did, UK happiness/satisfaction would increase rapidly

I've only given a general idea but you need to make argument out of your case otherwise, for your essay you may not get anything higher than a C. I guess the last one is an argument but it still would need some refinement. I hope i helped. Good luck
SalPKhan
Rep:
thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it are you doing an epq too?
angelcake123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You're welcome! I'm in year12 and I completed my epq in April, will get results next week on results day:')
So nervous haha
SalPKhan
Rep:
(Original post by angelcake123)
You're welcome! I'm in year12 and I completed my epq in April, will get results next week on results day:'
So nervous haha
Wow! I'm in year 12 too but my sixth form told us to start it during the summer holidays.. how come you did it so early :0 and best of luck!
angelcake123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I wish I had that choice! It was quite hard doing it alongside AS level. But in a way I'm glad I'm not doing it in year 13. I don't know why it was so early, I thought everyone did it the same time, then I realised that wasn't the case haha.

If you want any advice or anything, I'm always happy to help
SalPKhan
Rep:
oh I see what did you do it on? and thank you
angelcake123
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It was on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Icr the wording of the thesis/question. But it was based on how I think the conflict could be solved

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads