Occupational Therapy or Optometry: re qualifying concerns

Watch
User947387
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I am a mature student have a law degree; graduated in 2009 and I will be starting a HNC in Applied Science in Sep.

I am a little unsure as to what course I wish to pursue in regards to Occupational Therapy or Optometry at Glasgow Caledonian University. I exceed the requirements for both; (thats a quote from the admissions people, not my own arrogance).

One of the big reasons for my change in career and degree is how cut throat the legal market is in Scotland. So ideally I am looking to study a course where there is a decent chance of job security, i.e. actually getting a job at the end of the study!

Second consideration is money: specifically; what will earn me more? I am getting slightly muddled results regarding average earning capacity between optometry and occupational therapy; some sources have it listed on par; others optometry way ahead, others occupational therapy in the lead.

My backup in any case is to pursue a grad scheme if I cant get into the vocational career; but realistically speaking of the two, optometry and occupational therapy, what has the better prospects overall?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads