The Student Room Group

Anger problems...

So I've always been pretty hot headed but lately I think it's been starting to get out of control. Like I'll just lose it over the smallest of things and my friends have family have started to notice as well. Also, I'm rarely happy and whenever I am it doesn't last long until I return back to my usual miserable self. I hate my life atm so I guess I've been taking stuff out on people close to me and it's really starting to affect my relationships. I hate being like this. Why can't I just be ****ing normal :cry2:
Reply 1
I'm the same, but I'm bipolar so my mood changes all the time. :yep: Have you thought about going to the doc? You might have depression or something similar of the sort. Could just be your hormones though.
Original post by bassbabe
Why can't I just be ****ing normal :cry2:

''What is normal?'' I asked my friend.

Spoiler

You are normal. Well apart from your glasses.
Reply 4
Original post by arfah
I'm the same, but I'm bipolar so my mood changes all the time. :yep: Have you thought about going to the doc? You might have depression or something similar of the sort. Could just be your hormones though.

I thought it was hormones at first, but sometimes I can be really vile to people :frown: Plus it's been like this for nearly a year now. I might go to the doctors though. Thank you :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by BlindingLight
''What is normal?'' I asked my friend.

Spoiler

Loled at that :redface:
:console:

These are some questions, which you don't have to post answers to if you don't want to, but to think about and maybe help you work towards a solution.

What's causing you to be miserable in life? Is it something you can change?

When do you have rare moments of happiness? Is it possible to prolong the things that make you happy? Are there more things you could be doing (hobbies etc ) that also would make you happy?

There are apps, etc that you can vent on, even the Dear You thread on this forum. When you start to feel angry, would it be possible to walk away from the situation and use those things to vent?

Similarly, when you get angry , could you do something like count to 10, or pinch your wrists, or something to help you calm down?

Is there someone really close that you can confide anything to?

Hope this helps. :grouphugs:
Just smile fill you mind with positive thoughts :smile:

Think of nice things in the future e.g holiday soon, you're going to buy a new bra tomorrow etc
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
:console:

These are some questions, which you don't have to post answers to if you don't want to, but to think about and maybe help you work towards a solution.

What's causing you to be miserable in life? Is it something you can change?

When do you have rare moments of happiness? Is it possible to prolong the things that make you happy? Are there more things you could be doing (hobbies etc ) that also would make you happy?

There are apps, etc that you can vent on, even the Dear You thread on this forum. When you start to feel angry, would it be possible to walk away from the situation and use those things to vent?

Similarly, when you get angry , could you do something like count to 10, or pinch your wrists, or something to help you calm down?

Is there someone really close that you can confide anything to?

Hope this helps. :grouphugs:

Thanks for this. It's really helped :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Proxenus
Just smile fill you mind with positive thoughts :smile:

Think of nice things in the future e.g holiday soon, you're going to buy a new bra tomorrow etc

Will deffo try this one :tongue:
Original post by william walker
You are normal. Well apart from your glasses.

Her glasses are awesome!!! :angry: :angry:
Original post by bassbabe
Will deffo try this one :tongue:

Do what I do - #YOLO
Original post by Imperion
Her glasses are awesome!!! :angry: :angry:

Indeed, but they aren't normal.

Quick Reply

Latest