british colonialism ... Why did it not destroy Ireland?? Watch

Europe Born
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ireland has suffered from British colonialism since before the 16th century and has been a subject of some of the worst genocide comitted by the British specifically Cromwell. Ireland has been subject to colonialism far longer than Africa or India etc.

Can someone explain why British colonialism did not destroy Ireland as I have seen countless threads stating that colonialism has destroyed Africa.

As far I as I can see colonialism thrust Africans from living in a nomadic hunter gatherer Stone Age existance into the modern 19th and 20th century through introducing modern medicine, technology, science, infrastructure, agricultural method that feeds the continent, engineering etc etc

If Colonialism destroyed Africa (supposedly) then please explain Ireland??

Maybe you can also explain America, Canada, Australia, South America, hongkong, Malaysia etc???
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Europe Born)
Ireland has suffered from British colonialism since before the 16th century and has been a subject of some of the worst genocide comitted by the British specifically Cromwell. Ireland has been subject to colonialism far longer than Africa or India etc.

Can someone explain why British colonialism did not destroy Ireland as I have seen countless threads stating that colonialism has destroyed Africa.

As far I as I can see colonialism thrust Africans from living in a nomadic hunter gatherer Stone Age existance into the modern 19th and 20th century through introducing modern medicine, technology, science, infrastructure, agricultural method that feeds the continent, engineering etc etc

If Colonialism destroyed Africa (supposedly) then please explain Ireland??

Maybe you can also explain America, Canada, Australia, South America, hongkong, Malaysia etc???

What sources have been saying that it destroyed Africa? They might be bias or perhaps referring to the culture?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (74)
15.01%
1 (68)
13.79%
2 (64)
12.98%
20.28%
20.28%
5 (87)
17.65%

Watched Threads