The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

okay so about a month ago i broke up with my boyfriend, we'd been together just over a year, the break up was really hard because i do still love him but he was getting incredibly controlling so it just wasn't healthy. So after the break up he got angry and had a go at me a few times, but then his friends started getting involved sending me bitchy messages, including someone who has been my best friend for three years (my boyfriend also didn't like me being friends with him but now they're best friends??) and then at our school leavers trip another one of my 'best friends' started being very flirty and holding his hand and I'm not sure if thats because he did it to get back at me, she had no idea it would upset me or she wanted to do it to prove a point.

Anyway, in our relationship we've both done stuff thats wrong but he became incredibly possessive over me and i know its wrong but i still do love him and i miss him loads but i can't go back to him so I'm just not sure what to do...

anyone else been in the same situation?
Original post by Anonymous
okay so about a month ago i broke up with my boyfriend, we'd been together just over a year, the break up was really hard because i do still love him but he was getting incredibly controlling so it just wasn't healthy. So after the break up he got angry and had a go at me a few times, but then his friends started getting involved sending me bitchy messages, including someone who has been my best friend for three years (my boyfriend also didn't like me being friends with him but now they're best friends??) and then at our school leavers trip another one of my 'best friends' started being very flirty and holding his hand and I'm not sure if thats because he did it to get back at me, she had no idea it would upset me or she wanted to do it to prove a point.

Anyway, in our relationship we've both done stuff thats wrong but he became incredibly possessive over me and i know its wrong but i still do love him and i miss him loads but i can't go back to him so I'm just not sure what to do...

anyone else been in the same situation?

It happened to me quite a few times. You'll eventually find something better to worry about other than your ex :smile: Or you could just find someone else
Reply 2
Original post by lllllllllll
It happened to me quite a few times. You'll eventually find something better to worry about other than your ex :smile: Or you could just find someone else

it sucks haha, but yeah since I'm on summer holiday its not too bad but we have the same friends/same year at school which makes it harder :frown:
it sucks haha, but yeah since I'm on summer holiday its not too bad but we have the same friends/same year at school which makes it harder :frown:

I'm sure it won't be that bad. It's probably just your boyfriend being an ****hole. Most people will probably get over the fact that you and you bf broke up very quickly :smile:
I'm sure it won't be that bad. It's probably just your boyfriend being an ****hole. Most people will probably get over the fact that you and you bf broke up very quickly :smile:

Anon asks the worlds biggest questions

Nathan answers without hesitation
Reply 5

That's true thanks man :-) just don't know what to do about me still feeling the same about him...
Reply 6
Original post by Proxenus
Anon asks the worlds biggest questions

Nathan answers without hesitation

What?
That's true thanks man :-) just don't know what to do about me still feeling the same about him...

You'll eventually get over it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending