georgia98x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi! I'm planning on taking a course in primary teaching beginning next September at Hull Uni. Does anyone have any info on what to include in my personal statement? Also,what are the courses like at your uni? Any info about this course would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
Doofy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello!

I'm due to start a Primary Education with QTS course this September, so cannot comment on what the course is like yet. But I can certainly help when it comes to a personal statement.

Always make sure that your personal statement revolves around your interest in teaching and your experience with children. I adapted things that I did in school with sixth form to my management of younger people e.g. helping with co-ordinating the Eisteddfod. Also try to bring forward an enthusiasm for teaching through positive language.

They also have a very helpful Personal Statement section on here for people applying to uni, which could be helpful for you to check out too!

Here are also some examples of teaching personal statements for you to have a look at too:-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nal_Statements
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (179)
58.69%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.31%

Watched Threads