The Student Room Group

how depressing....

Cheer me up?

Went to the doctors on Wednesday about a pain in my stomach. Turns out its quite nasty. I have to take 10 pills a day for the rest of my life, may not be able to have kids, will probably get cancer and can't smoke or drink ever again :eek: . Hence I had to quit my job at a restaurant as its smoking. So now I have no job. no job=no money. Oh and I am now considered high risk for heart failure due to the meds I am taking. I also had my purse stolen last night with my rent money in it (£300). Rent was due 2 weeks ago. If i don't find £300 by Monday my flatmate is kicking me out. So I decided to do what any normal person would do in this situation. Go see the 'rents. Only Dads gone. where I hear you ask? Oh surprise! He's moved out and they are filing for divorce. I have had the week from hell. Any ideas to solve my problems? Mainly the money one. The bank won't give me any money although I have no cedit/store/switch cards. Just a plain old current account.
Reply 1
Thats a very quick diagnosis if you don't mind me saying, what is it you have exactly?
geez, someone up there must have a serious problem with you! or maybe you're just jinxed. What u need is to get a friend, your best friend in the whole world, and talk to them.
Reply 3
its an ongoing problem that I was in hospital for in December. The drugs help the pain but causes high blood pressure and can cause cancer (which is already very prominant in my family) Because its a problem with my uterus it may affect me having kids. doctor recommended having them in the next few years. smoking and drinking raises up my blood pressure and since I already have high blood pressure it means I am at risk of heart failure. But I have dealt with it. It the money situation that is worrying me. And I have to say I am quite pissed about having my money stolen.

Yeah god really knows how to kick me when I'm down. I have to say Im almost depressed. The boyfriend is going to Iraq tomorrow too.....
I know you can't really help it, but never go down Depressed Avenue. I hate to sound patronising, but I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Life is always full of struggles, albeit you have struggles piled up from here to guatanamo Bay, and theyre more like fullscale wars than struggles, but keep a mind full of clarity and a heart full of love and patiance, youll pull through. I hope you do.
Reply 5
What meds have you been prescribed?
aww hunni i do feel for u hope it sorts itself out
Reply 7
drive to the nearest airport NOW! and get the cheapest flight to anywhere - steal the money from your flat mate if u have to. If i were in ur situation i would just say sod it and start a new life from scratch somewhere else
Reply 8
I think, doing a shitload of exercise will keep the blood pressure down wont it? You could try that..
Reply 9
imasillynarb
I think, doing a shitload of exercise will keep the blood pressure down wont it? You could try that..
doctor should prescribe beta blockers or similar if your bp is high

lou xxx
Reply 10
I wouldn't worry too much. All drugs have potential side effects, but the risk is usually very low - even reading the advice label for paracetamol looks horrendous! However, for your GP to have prescribed, the benefits must outweight the risks. Also, he/she musn't be worried about your BP... it's also surprising how high some people's BP goes up just because they're apprehensive etc about visiting the doctor.
Reply 11
lou p
doctor should prescribe beta blockers or similar if your bp is high

lou xxx

Ooh beta blockers, I know what they are! (Who says psychology is a useless subject?)
Reply 12
~Sam~
Ooh beta blockers, I know what they are! (Who says psychology is a useless subject?)

hehe, try working in a doctors surgery. was there 8.30-6 today and my head is filled with drug names, gone completely insane really. and it's def hayfever season- the drugs were like hotcakes today!

lou xxx
Reply 13
sublime_envy
Cheer me up?

Went to the doctors on Wednesday about a pain in my stomach. Turns out its quite nasty. I have to take 10 pills a day for the rest of my life, may not be able to have kids, will probably get cancer and can't smoke or drink ever again :eek: . Hence I had to quit my job at a restaurant as its smoking. So now I have no job. no job=no money. Oh and I am now considered high risk for heart failure due to the meds I am taking. I also had my purse stolen last night with my rent money in it (£300). Rent was due 2 weeks ago. If i don't find £300 by Monday my flatmate is kicking me out. So I decided to do what any normal person would do in this situation. Go see the 'rents. Only Dads gone. where I hear you ask? Oh surprise! He's moved out and they are filing for divorce. I have had the week from hell. Any ideas to solve my problems? Mainly the money one. The bank won't give me any money although I have no cedit/store/switch cards. Just a plain old current account.

Would you be happier to see me do a tap dance? :smile:

Why dont you move to Tibet and live with the monks? Ive always thought if everything was going to hell its what id do.
Reply 14
hey starting over from scratch doesn't sound like a bad idea actually. The meds will have side affects over time. Because I may be on this medication for the rest of my life it may be harmful. But I have to go back in July and see if its working. -grumbles-. So, do I have kids in the next few years or risk it all? Kepp in mind I'm only 20 although I am pretty much married to my boyfriend. Sickening I know. lol.
Reply 15
What are you taking?

Latest

Trending

Trending