Ridwan1473
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,
I am currently on a gap year and want to apply for Bsc A&F at LSE, do i stand a chance if i got bad gcses (5A,5B,1C) but achieved A*AAA at A2 (Chem, Physics, Bio, Maths).
Furthermore i have an extra curricular profile unmatched by any 18 yr old- already ran two successful businesses, financial trading since 16 - started real trading on 18th bday and already made 65% on my investment within 2 months, can do PhD mathematical derivations of financial models etc.
What are my chances of getting into this competitive course? will my bad GCSE grades be offset by my strong EC activities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ps1265A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Very high chance. One question: What did you get in GCSE Maths and English?
Ridwan1473
Rep:
?
(Original post by ps1265A)
Very high chance. One question: What did you get in GCSE Maths and English?
Thank you for replying, i hope i get in. This gap year i will be full time independently financial trading to try an build a stronger case. & i got B's in both, which is quite low

Posted from TSR Mobile
ps1265A
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ridwan1473)
Thank you for replying, i hope i get in. This gap year i will be full time independently financial trading to try an build a stronger case. & i got B's in both, which is quite low

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm very confident about you academically! Make sure you write these experiences on to your personal statement and explain them well
Ridwan1473
Rep:
?
(Original post by ps1265A)
I'm very confident about you academically! Make sure you write these experiences on to your personal statement and explain them well
Thank you very much, means a lot ☺️ & i will do! Already written up most of it, do you think its worth doing a few more AS levels on the side just to kinda strengthen my profile? Because I've got enough time during this year to do them

Posted from TSR Mobile
ps1265A
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you very much, means a lot ☺️ & i will do! Already written up most of it, do you think its worth doing a few more AS levels on the side just to kinda strengthen my profile? Because I've got enough time during this year to do them

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's fantastic! I recommend you doing C3 and C4 maths to bump it up to an A* and AS further maths too!

My friend received an offer this year for LSE Economics: A*AA (A* in maths) and A in AS further maths!
ukaustralia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is three A2 subjects enough to compete for a place in LSE? (ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE / FINANCE)I had 4a's in AS for Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I had dropped Biology for now and my A2 forecast is 3A*. Will my subject combination be a major disadvantage to me? I don't have much great stuff to write in my personal statement though.Because seems like most of the guys here have four if not five A2 subjects. Thanks.
Ridwan1473
Rep:
?
(Original post by ukaustralia)
Is three A2 subjects enough to compete for a place in LSE? (ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE / FINANCE)I had 4a's in AS for Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I had dropped Biology for now and my A2 forecast is 3A*. Will my subject combination be a major disadvantage to me? I don't have much great stuff to write in my personal statement though.Because seems like most of the guys here have four if not five A2 subjects. Thanks.
Yep. My mate got predicted 3 A*s and got into A&F. And you option choice is quite good, sciences and maths are demanding hard subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
ukaustralia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep. My mate got predicted 3 A*s and got into A&F. And you option choice is quite good, sciences and maths are demanding hard subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey thank you. Do you know are there any LSE student who are willing to share their personal statement? I would like to have a read on it just to get an idea as I'm really clueless to start. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads