What is the legal status of cannabis in Germany?

Watch
Soffie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I'm writing a book set in Germany and in it one of the characters is arrested for the distribution of cannabis. They end up going to prison, but how long would you say the prison sentence would be?

I assume in Germany the sentence would be more lenient than in the UK because I know for a fact that possession of a small amount of cannabis for personal use in Germany is tolerated, but production and distribution is illegal.
Sorry for the weird question; it's just I can't seem to find the answer anywhere :Z

Thanks!
thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you heard of something called Google by any chance? It's a recent invention that everyone seems to be raving about.

Here, let me google that for you.
Soffie
Rep:
?
(Original post by thisistheend)
Have you heard of something called Google by any chance? It's a recent invention that everyone seems to be raving about.

Here, let me google that for you.
Allow me to repeat myself: I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. No site specifies the length of prison sentence for cannabis distribution specifically for Germany. Probably because it's a very specific question I'm asking!.
thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Soffie)
Allow me to repeat myself: I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. No site specifies the length of prison sentence for cannabis distribution specifically for Germany. Probably because it's a very specific question I'm asking!.
Jesus Christ Almighty, seach "germany cannabis dealing prison sentence" it's the first link that comes up....

Basic penalties: up to 5 years or fine.Penalties in particularly serious cases:a) 1-15 years for actions on a commercial basis; danger for health of several persons; involving minors; trade in significant quantities.b) 2-15 years for involvement of gangs; involving minors on a commercial basis; causing death; import of significant quantities.c) 5-15 years: several of the above circumstances combinedNarcotics Act, ss. 29(1); 29(3), 29a, 30, 30a, 30b; Penal Code ss. 12, 38There is no difference in penalties in German law between traffickers and addict-pushers. But if a convicted person is addicted and if he/she is willing to undergo treatment for his/her addiction, the execution of a sentence can be postponed (s. 35 BtMG)
Soffie
Rep:
?
(Original post by thisistheend)
Jesus Christ Almighty, seach "germany cannabis dealing prison sentence" it's the first link that comes up....

Basic penalties: up to 5 years or fine.Penalties in particularly serious cases:a) 1-15 years for actions on a commercial basis; danger for health of several persons; involving minors; trade in significant quantities.b) 2-15 years for involvement of gangs; involving minors on a commercial basis; causing death; import of significant quantities.c) 5-15 years: several of the above circumstances combinedNarcotics Act, ss. 29(1); 29(3), 29a, 30, 30a, 30b; Penal Code ss. 12, 38There is no difference in penalties in German law between traffickers and addict-pushers. But if a convicted person is addicted and if he/she is willing to undergo treatment for his/her addiction, the execution of a sentence can be postponed (s. 35 BtMG)
Wow, someone's feeling a bit touchy today... :/ thanks anyway, somehow I didn't come across the site you used.
bookertj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I read Die Einbahnstrasse (One Way Street) and the things they call their drugs! One of them I distinctly remember as being "****" (of course said like "Sheet"). Hope this helps, good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (47)
37.01%
No (66)
51.97%
I don't know (14)
11.02%

Watched Threads