Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh the worst feeling is, when I do start going out again, itll be to the same *****y places, in Aylesbury, you know what its like, the litter tray and all those other awful places
    Well be adventurous!!! after the exams, why don't you and your friends get a cheap air fare somewhere to celebrate the end of exams!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Recently Ive had this horrible feeling of missing out. Ive pretty much stopped going out for the past few months, because of exams and stuff, but none of my mates have, as their exams(without being offensive) arent quite as demanding as mine, and they dont have as many, it just feels like everyones doing stuff and Im not, such a crap feeling. Cant wait till exams are over and I can start living my life again

Anyone else feeling similar?
    Ignore the feeling. Resist the urge.

ReputationRep:
    try like having variety in your day...go to a nearby pub for lunch or something, get your mates to meet u there, u have a break and get your lunch that way as well (s'what i do ) get your mates to do some revision as well perhaps? i find it easier to work when all my friends are there ok yeha i get distracted a bit but when we do work we concentrate, it's kinda like we're encouraging each other to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    I know what you mean, my excitement comes from knocking a tennis ball against a wall for an hour or two between revision, i've lost about 5 balls this week Either that or get out of the house for five minutes on my bike, that has its fun limitations.
    Seriously am counting the days till it's all over, lot to get through though!
    Yeh, I keep taking trips to the basketball court, tonight 2 other mates from year 11 were there and I played/talked with them for like 5 hours though, kinda defeats the object..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    try like having variety in your day...go to a nearby pub for lunch or something, get your mates to meet u there, u have a break and get your lunch that way as well (s'what i do ) get your mates to do some revision as well perhaps? i find it easier to work when all my friends are there ok yeha i get distracted a bit but when we do work we concentrate, it's kinda like we're encouraging each other to work
    They dont need to revise, they have 'Film studies - Unifying concepts' and maybe another 2 exams? Doesnt really compete with the likes of P3/Physics 5/Chemistry 5...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the worst feeling is, when I do start going out again, itll be to the same *****y places, in Aylesbury, you know what its like, the litter tray and all those other awful places
    The litter tray! That name is perfect. A bit less immature than the one about toilet functions *is too much of a lady to say, but I'm sure you can guess* That's why I don't go out much.. there's nowhere good to go, and I have a boyfriend already so there's no need to go and pull someone. Nights out in Aylesbury are always ****.

ReputationRep:
    They dont need to revise, they have 'Film studies - Unifying concepts' and maybe another 2 exams? Doesnt really compete with the likes of P3/Physics 5/Chemistry 5...
    Just go out and get laid, then concentrate on exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    The litter tray! That name is perfect. A bit less immature than the one about toilet functions *is too much of a lady to say, but I'm sure you can guess* That's why I don't go out much.. there's nowhere good to go, and I have a boyfriend already so there's no need to go and pull someone. Nights out in Aylesbury are always ****.
    Lucky, thats another thing Im gonna have to watch out for, Its likely that my 5 best mates will all be in relationships by the end of the month, except me, excellent, I cant wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just go out and get laid, then concentrate on exams.
    If only it was THAT easy

ReputationRep:
    Its likely that my 5 best mates will all be in relationships by the end of the month, except me, excellent, I cant wait.
    Why should that bother you?

ReputationRep:
    Lucky, thats another thing Im gonna have to watch out for, Its likely that my 5 best mates will all be in relationships by the end of the month, except me, excellent, I cant wait.
    Yeah but come results day, and the build up towards it, you won't be feeling 'I think I could have done better' or 'tried harder', you'll have a torture free summer holiday, and believe me the feeling of not achieving the top grades cut deep, last year at A2 I got ABC and never have I felt such failure, so I took an extra year and got AAB working towards that extra A in maths, and I am soo relaxed now, as I have met my offer at uni, and am only do P3, P2 and S2 just for sheer pride.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly Sally)
    Why should that bother you?
    Theyll be busy with other things? And then theres the talking about it, hardly gonna make me feel too good

ReputationRep:
    If only it was THAT easy
    Whatever you do, don't go sticking your hose into pies.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but come results day, and the build up towards it, you won't be feeling 'I think I could have done better' or 'tried harder', you'll have a torture free summer holiday, and believe me the feeling of not achieving the top grades cut deep, last year at A2 I got ABC and never have I felt such failure, so I took an extra year and got AAB working towards that extra A in maths, and I am soo relaxed now, as I have met my offer at uni, and am only do P3, P2 and S2 just for sheer pride.
    Im already feeling like that though, Ive not even started revising for any exams after P2/2 chemistry retakes, Im so screwwwwwed

ReputationRep:
    Why did you take an extra year? Did you miss your offer?

ReputationRep:
    Laugh at them all and feel glad you don't have a girlfriend to nag you and make you shop for clothes with her. That's the best option!

Or I could set you up with one of my friends Now THAT would be weird. "Hey, friend, I have a guy for you to go out with!" "What's his name?" "It's imasillynarb!"

ReputationRep:
    Im already feeling like that though, Ive not even started revising for any exams after P2/2 chemistry retakes, Im so screwwwwwed
    Well you just have to motivate yourself into revising, hell, I think I'll take off work on saturday and sunday just so that I can revise for P3, that's like £75 in wages!!!

The sacrifices that you make now, are going to be made up ten-fold in years to come. btw what is it your planning on doing at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Laugh at them all and feel glad you don't have a girlfriend to nag you and make you shop for clothes with her. That's the best option!

Or I could set you up with one of my friends Now THAT would be weird. "Hey, friend, I have a guy for you to go out with!" "What's his name?" "It's imasillynarb!"
    Sounds fun

Are you ever at the grange after school? I sometimes watch my mates band practice on wednesdays? or maybe its thursdays, cant remember

ReputationRep:
    Theyll be busy with other things? And then theres the talking about it, hardly gonna make me feel too good
    You seem to care about your "image" too much, like not having a girlfriend. :rolleyes: (Typical male behaviour!!! )

ReputationRep:
    Well you just have to motivate yourself into revising, hell, I think I'll take off work on saturday and sunday just so that I can revise for P3, that's like £75 in wages!!!

The sacrifices that you make now, are going to be made up ten-fold in years to come. btw what is it your planning on doing at uni?
    Im not working right now, because of exams Im doing physics at york*hopefully*

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.