The Student Room Group

Should I have tried to get her number?

At my gym they have a counter where you can buy drinks / snacks and there was a girl working there and as I was walking to it she gave a big smile while looking at me, I was just wondering if she was being friendly or if she may have been interested. She will probably work there tomorrow so I can try and get it then if she is
haram
If she says no then be prepared for awkwardness every time you see her at the gym :wink:. Up to you.
You need more, talk to her first
Maybe she was just being friendly because it's her job :biggrin:
Reply 5
"Good luck. Oh, and one more thing: always greet customers with a smile."
Reply 6
Original post by Profesh
"Good luck. Oh, and one more thing: always greet customers with a smile."

Surely if she didn't want me to chat her up / get her number, she wouldn't have smiled? btw it was a big smile
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Surely if she didn't want me to chat her up / get her number, she wouldn't have smiled? btw it was a big smile

"Yup, the bigger the better. Makes them stick around as an excuse to talk to you, and ultimately, buy more."
I work in a cafe and I always chat to and smile at every customer. I've never once felt at all attracted to any of them, even if there were good looking lads in. If one of them misinterpreted it and asked for my number, I'd refuse.
Reply 9
Never ask pretty girls at gyms out. They will have heard it all before, almost certainly be getting their oats already with some athletic hunk and it will be embarrassing for future visits. But if you must, at least test the water with a bit more flirting first. Good luck.
Original post by Profesh
"Yup, the bigger the better. Makes them stick around as an excuse to talk to you, and ultimately, buy more."

Hmm ok I guess i won't try and get her number
Original post by Anonymous
I work in a cafe and I always chat to and smile at every customer. I've never once felt at all attracted to any of them, even if there were good looking lads in. If one of them misinterpreted it and asked for my number, I'd refuse.

So how do you expect to get a boyfriend if you say no to everyone? Or do you not want one?
It seems like she was just being friendly. Employees are usually told to smile at customers. Maybe try to talk to her a bit more every now and then and if she's as interested as you suspect, ask for her number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending