mizzyportia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Has anyone started doing some A2 revision over the summer? Because in school after As exams everyone started saying their going to start A2 revision early cause they want to do well... But genuinely over summer has anyone started?
btw I did biology, chemistry, maths and physics for As
VannR
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have been preemptively studying for university since June. The first year is actually going to be a cakewalk for me.

On topic though, I did the same last year and studied for my third A-Level during the summer.
Crazy_Frog
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have bot started studying yet,I'm waiting for my results just to make sure I'm actually going to revise for the subjects I can actually continue.
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by VannR)
I have been preemptively studying for university since June. The first year is actually going to be a cakewalk for me.

On topic though, I did the same last year and studied for my third A-Level during the summer.
Very intensely and finished the specification for ur third A level do u mind me asking what subject that was? I think i might do that with Biology is it too late to start do u think?
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crazy_Frog)
I have bot started studying yet,I'm waiting for my results just to make sure I'm actually going to revise for the subjects I can actually continue.
Ahh ok I was going to do the same but I was think isn't it too late to be able to finish and understand any module?
Crazy_Frog
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mizzyportia)
Ahh ok I was going to do the same but I was think isn't it too late to be able to finish and understand any module?
It depends whether you do content dense subjects,it really feels like we get no holidays while we stress about results.Im waiting for the 13th then I'm going to create my study timetable and organize everything I need to do.One solid year of studying left before uni, we are just going to have to work really hard.
Pato1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Enjoy summer for goodness sakes.
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Very intensely and finished the specification for ur third A level do u mind me asking what subject that was? I think i might do that with Biology is it too late to start do u think?
A-Level Philosophy. I did not finish the spec in thst time since I was starting it fresh from the beginning (I did two A-Levels, AS and A2, the previous year).

It is not too late to study - you still have a month.
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pato1)
Enjoy summer for goodness sakes.
lol its the final year before uni and I want to give it my all so that I don't think what if I had done this and that, I have I just back from Kos Island, Greece 3 days ago and feel like I could be more productive from this point onwards :lol:
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by VannR)
A-Level Philosophy. I did not finish the spec in thst time since I was starting it fresh from the beginning (I did two A-Levels, AS and A2, the previous year).

It is not too late to study - you still have a month.
Ahh ok I think I might start after results day and do a unit in Biology or maybe C3 and C4 in maths thanks
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Crazy_Frog)
It depends whether you do content dense subjects,it really feels like we get no holidays while we stress about results.Im waiting for the 13th then I'm going to create my study timetable and organize everything I need to do.One solid year of studying left before uni, we are just going to have to work really hard.
Yes exactly this is literally the final hurdle and I really want to give it my all I think I would do that too and make a timetable and this time actually follow it
SteelManatee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by VannR)

What are you studying at university?
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SheLikeTheMango)
What are you studying at university?
Computer science.
prophetkid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone started doing some A2 revision over the summer? Because in school after As exams everyone started saying their going to start A2 revision early cause they want to do well... But genuinely over summer has anyone started?
btw I did biology, chemistry, maths and physics for As
If you are looking to revise over summer here's a few tips for biology and chemistry:

Practice moles calculations & titration questions

Watch a few videos to get a feel for some of the topics - my chemistry teacher is Tywin Lannister on youtube, his videos are pretty good

Assuming you're on AQA, summarise all the key areas of AS biology - you'll need these for the 25 mark essay in BIOL5 (it's not as scary as it sounds!)

Look at the bio spec and read around some of the topics (also useful for the essay)
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by prophetkid)
If you are looking to revise over summer here's a few tips for biology and chemistry:

Practice moles calculations & titration questions

Watch a few videos to get a feel for some of the topics - my chemistry teacher is Tywin Lannister on youtube, his videos are pretty good

Assuming you're on AQA, summarise all the key areas of AS biology - you'll need these for the 25 mark essay in BIOL5 (it's not as scary as it sounds!)

Look at the bio spec and read around some of the topics (also useful for the essay)
Ok thank you very much and no I am on OCR for biology but the advice you gave will be highly useful
Btw are u in uni now? if so what course?
prophetkid
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok thank you very much and no I am on OCR for biology but the advice you gave will be highly useful
Btw are u in uni now? if so what course?
Due to go to university this September to study Psychology
mizzyportia
Rep:
?
(Original post by prophetkid)
Due to go to university this September to study Psychology
That is so cool goodluck and hope u enjoy it!
prophetkid
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is so cool goodluck and hope u enjoy it!
Thanks, you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.23%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.75%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.63%
Financial worries (36)
6.27%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.92%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise