The Student Room Group

Too insecure to ever get married

I'm only 16 so I know I may be thinking too far but I think I'm going to have to die alone. I'm ridiculously insecure.

For example, I HATE/NEVER step out of the door without makeup. None of my friends have seen me without makeup for about 4/5 years. Only my family in my house see my without makeup. Even my other family members NEVER see me without makeup. I can't imagine ever having to show my bare face to my future husband.

I'm also extremely self conscious about my body and would NEVER EVER show it to anyone!

Am I the only girl that feels this way? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

You're only 16, you should be worried about your grades, not getting maried.
You started using make up at 11?
Reply 3
Original post by Imperion

Yep
Original post by Anonymous
Yep

Wow, don't you think that's kinda young?
Yep

Sounds hot, ngl.
I think you need to give yourself time to grow. Things change and so will you. When I was your age I hated carrying bags and now I can't leave my house without one. Unless you look like a completely different person with make up on, I'm sure your future husband won't even notice. Try wearing less/ no make up from time to time.
Youre not even going to show your body to your husband? you should be most comfortable with him out of everyone in the whole wide world

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Wow, don't you think that's kinda young?

Yeah but I felt ugly so I didn't really care.
Reply 9
Original post by solid snake :)
Youre not even going to show your body to your husband? you should be most comfortable with him out of everyone in the whole wide world

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I don't think I ever will.
Sounds like a pretty serious self-esteem issue.

I started wearing make up when I was 12. Don't think it's that weird.

However, OP, from the age of about 20, I've pretty much stopped wearing it. I'll only put it on if I'm going "out" (for a full evening/night for a meal or drinking).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but I felt ugly so I didn't really care.

Whoa... I've got nothing to tell you in terms of advice but that thought process is gonna do you more harm... especially with uni approaching. My sister's 14 and she's just started using make up and I feel she's too young :colonhash:
Original post by lascelles
I started wearing make up when I was 12. Don't think it's that weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Must be my upbringing then :tongue:
I'm only 16 so I know I may be thinking too far but I think I'm going to have to die alone. I'm ridiculously insecure.

For example, I HATE/NEVER step out of the door without makeup. None of my friends have seen me without makeup for about 4/5 years. Only my family in my house see my without makeup. Even my other family members NEVER see me without makeup. I can't imagine ever having to show my bare face to my future husband.

I'm also extremely self conscious about my body and would NEVER EVER show it to anyone!

I wouldnt worry about marriage at this age.
Must be my upbringing then :tongue:

Unless you're Brian Molko, I'd suggest a more fundamentally divergent experience.

Hey :smile:
You're gonna have to face your fears sooner or later. Maybe start by going out without mascara, but still wearing the foundation, eyeliner etc? Then after a couple of weeks, start going out without the mascara and the foundation, but keep the eyeliner? Etc. You don't have to do this. But it's better than running away from marriage. I started wearing makeup when I was about 11 and I loved it. Now I'm 17 and I absolutely hate it. Used to always get bloodshot eyes even when I'd wash the mascara away 3 times.
Anyways, I'm going off track. I know how you feel. I know you can conquer this. But if you'd rather focus on your outward beauty, then I guess you'll never understand what love really is. Your husband should love you regardless of your looks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Profesh
Unless you're Brian Molko, I'd suggest a more fundamentally divergent experience.

Aha didn't even know who that was. But eh, will do, moving away soon enough.
Your husband will still love you because he would be very attached to you considering you must have been together for a number of years.

You're overthinking young grass hopper.

:smile:
Original post by angelcake123
Hey :smile:
You're gonna have to face your fears sooner or later. Maybe start by going out without mascara, but still wearing the foundation, eyeliner etc? Then after a couple of weeks, start going out without the mascara and the foundation, but keep the eyeliner? Etc. You don't have to do this. But it's better than running away from marriage. I started wearing makeup when I was about 11 and I loved it. Now I'm 17 and I absolutely hate it. Used to always get bloodshot eyes even when I'd wash the mascara away 3 times.
Anyways, I'm going off track. I know how you feel. I know you can conquer this. But if you'd rather focus on your outward beauty, then I guess you'll never understand what love really is. Your husband should love you regardless of your looks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice, I'll try to but I'll probably feel too uncomfortable :frown:

Quick Reply