The Student Room Group

Would an distinction * (star) count as one of my 5 A-C's for College?

This is bugging me. I'm worried they may not consider it as it is a BTEC for ICT.
BTECs aren't counted with GCSEs.
if it's a college they will count it
Reply 3
It depends on the college. They'll take them into consideration either way, but maybe not in the same way as GCSEs. At my college they counted my dual award extended btec in art (distinction*) but not my btec (pass) in IT. If you're worried you're not going to have the requirements for getting in otherwise you could always ring the college and ask if they'd accept it in place of a GCSE? You may not but if you have any extenuating circumstances as to why you didn't meet the entry requirements you could always explain these and they may give you special consideration? A friend of mine didn't pass GCSE art, and even though at my college you need a B in it to do Fine Art, she showed them some of her work and conveyed her passion for it and they let her do it.

Basically it's worth asking if they'll give you special consideration if your BTEC doesn't count. Try to show your enthusiasm for whatever subject(s) you want to do, and they may let you in even if you're not going to make standard entry requirements. Good luck if you've got results day coming up, I hope everything works out well for you :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest