The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ama-
For additional science i gained a C and I am really disappointed as I self taught my self and put a lot effort in. Is it worth the remark as I got 279 UMS and believe a grade B is 280 UMS. However I'm scared if I do remark it my physics paper which was a D will drop and affect my overall grade.

ISA - A*
Biology unit 2 - 61 UMS C
Chemistry unit 2 - 69 UMS C
Physics unit 2 - 59 UMS D

It unlikely to change in a remark as science has a very strict mark scheme :no:
Reply 41
Original post by Gingerbread101
It unlikely to change in a remark as science has a very strict mark scheme :no:

Thanks
Hi i got an A in Maths I am 8 marks away from A* do you think i should retake it?(i am in year 11 now)
Original post by Xphoenix
is 11 UMS for English Too much to gain?

You probably wouldn't be able to get that much, and remember it can always go down as well as up :smile:
Original post by 11alexandru-kore
Hi i got an A in Maths I am 8 marks away from A* do you think i should retake it?(i am in year 11 now)

I don't really see any point, there's no additional benefit :h:

I wouldn't get a remark in physics or chemistry, but it might be worth it in English language :smile: remember that marks can go down as well as up though

I thought that would be the case... I'm ok with it though, I just didn't do enough work for the exams.

I've looked at the boundaries and worked out that my controlled assessment is good enough to pull it up to an A even if the exam mark goes down to the B/C boundary in English (I think - I will double check), so I think it will be ok. Thanks for the advice :smile:
What about a getting a language GCSE remarked? I got 267 ums overall and to get an A* you need 270 ums.

To break it down -
Listening - 32 d
Reading - 60 a*
Unit 3 - 85 a*
Unit 4 - 90 a*

Is it worth a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbiBlue
What about a getting a language GCSE remarked? I got 267 ums overall and to get an A* you need 270 ums.

To break it down -
Listening - 32 d
Reading - 60 a*
Unit 3 - 85 a*
Unit 4 - 90 a*

Is it worth a remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it would be, just remember your mark can go down as well as up :h:
I think it would be, just remember your mark can go down as well as up :h:

Ok, thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone it apears i failed english by 9 marks :frown: whats the process on repeating and will it take up much time as i dont want it to get in the way of my alevels
Original post by pillowflys
Hi everyone it apears i failed english by 9 marks :frown: whats the process on repeating and will it take up much time as i dont want it to get in the way of my alevels

You could put it forward for a remark rather than retaking it :smile:
I was 1 UMS mark off an A in Edexcel Religious Education and 2 UMS marks off an A in Edexcel Art and Design. Should I get a remark?
Reply 52
Got an A in maths yay! Got a c in English. Was 18 marks above the D so 7 off the B. Could I get marked down to a d if I had it remarked? Got top A and top b in assessments and was predicted an A for the exam from mocks but got a D? Seems quite a drop from what I was expecting
Original post by kel_bimble
I was 1 UMS mark off an A in Edexcel Religious Education and 2 UMS marks off an A in Edexcel Art and Design. Should I get a remark?

I think it would be worth it :smile: just remember the mark can go down as well as up :smile:
Original post by blobby27
Got an A in maths yay! Got a c in English. Was 18 marks above the D so 7 off the B. Could I get marked down to a d if I had it remarked? Got top A and top b in assessments and was predicted an A for the exam from mocks but got a D? Seems quite a drop from what I was expecting

It would be unlikely to go down by that much, so a remark would be alright :smile:
Reply 54
Hi,
Today I got my an 'A' grade in my AQA GCSE Physics (part of triple science)
My results are as follows

P1 - A - 85 ums
P2 - A* - 92 ums
P3- A - 86 ums
Unit 4 (Controlled Assessment) - A* - 93

Altogether that makes 356 ums. I need 360 for 'A*'. Do you think it's worth getting some units remarked?
Reply 55
Original post by mp1998
Hi,

P1 - A - 85 ums
P2 - A* - 92 ums
P3- A - 86 ums

Altogether that makes 356 ums. I need 360 for 'A*'. Do you think it's worth getting some units remarked?

It really depends on how u r feeling and how u actually did in the exam. If I was u I would deeply consider it but talk to your school's head of science and see what they think
Reply 56
For my Drama (Edexcel) I got a B- 239 which is 1 UMS point from an A-240

Unit 1 A 74
Unit 2 A* 81
Unit 3 B 84

And for Further Additional Science (AQA) I got an A-358 which is 2 UMS points from an A*-360

Unit 1H- A* 90
Unit 2H- A* 100
Unit 3H- A* 95
Unit 4- B 73 (this was coursework)
Original post by mp1998
Hi,

P1 - A - 85 ums
P2 - A* - 92 ums
P3- A - 86 ums

Because it's science and has a very strict mark scheme, the marks are unlikely to change :smile: And you do already have an A, the A* isn't going to make that much difference :smile:
Original post by LivToBe
For my Drama (Edexcel) I got a B- 239 which is 1 UMS point from an A-240

Unit 1 A 74
Unit 2 A* 81
Unit 3 B 84

And for Further Additional Science (AQA) I got an A-358 which is 2 UMS points from an A*-360

Unit 1H- A* 90
Unit 2H- A* 100
Unit 3H- A* 95
Unit 4- B 73 (this was coursework)

It might be worth putting drama in for a remark but science is unlikely to change :smile:
Reply 58
Hiya, just wondering if anyone in this forum could give me a bit of help regarding my Biology GCSE (exam board OCR 21st Century Science). I got:

B123: 90% UMS, A*
B456: 89% UMS, A
B7: 93% UMS, A*
CA: 83% UMS, A
Overall: 355/400 UMS

I got an A overall, as 360 UMS was needed for an A*. I was wondering if anyone would be able to do the maths to work out what my raw marks would be so I can decide whether or not to have my exam remarked in hope of an A*. Someone said I might only be 3 marks off? Honest opinions on whether a remark is necessary? I'm in year 10 so will discuss my options with my exams officer when I get back to school.

Much appreciated xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I missed an A* in Bio my 2 UMS points mainly because of my Controlled Assesment

B1 - 89 UMS A
B2 96 UMS A*
b3 100 UMS A*
ISA 75 UMS B

Our teacher didn't prepare us at all - can I get a remark or something? My teacher marked it but it wasn't used as a sample or anything.

Also, in English Literature, I was 5 UMS points away from an A*. Is it worth it getting it remarked?

Latest