Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The subjects that I will be taking for my A-levels are the following:

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA Psychology
AQA Spanish

What textbooks or revision guides would you recommend for the following subjects? And would I be better off using a revision guide to study rather than a textbook as It would be more concise and tell me exactly what I would need to know for my exams.
Loyota
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The textbook is your bible. Use the specification for your subjects so you know exactly what to learn. You should be provided with a textbook/told which textbook to buy. Revision guides tend to be too vague and do not always cover everything you need to know, and you need to know everything!
Twister457
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xnads)
The subjects that I will be taking for my A-levels are the following:

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA Psychology
AQA Spanish

What textbooks or revision guides would you recommend for the following subjects? And would I be better off using a revision guide to study rather than a textbook as It would be more concise and tell me exactly what I would need to know for my exams.
I would suggest for you to get the actual exam board book. As in the official AQA text book for each of your subjects. I would suggest the same thing for the revision guides Why? Because they are the ones who will teach you exactly what you need to know for your exam. Haven't the school teachers recommended a book for you?

I am not sure about the Psychology or Spanish. The first one of the two involves a lot of reading as far as I have heard.

When I did A-levels, at first I also thought just by using the revision guide would help. But the guide does not give you all the details. I would suggest to only use this for remembering key points, but to get the best marks in the exam? Reading on a bit of the main text book would be a good idea. Highlight information you feel was not seen in the guide, it helps you to remember information better .

Lastly, Youtube! do not doubt it's powers. I wish I had known about it sooner, but a lot of the information you will be studying will be understood better if you hear someone speaking it out in diagrams, especially for biology. Support both inside and outside of school.

Wish you all the best . The internet has many notes and information that will also help you.

hope I didn't say too much
Fortox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever you do, don't get textbooks until school starts to make sure you get up to date ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (68)
27.53%
No - I have already returned home (27)
10.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (26)
10.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise