The Student Room Group

Is it possible to crash higher maths and become really good at it??

I have received my SQA exam results, which i am very pleased with. I am very interested in engineering however, i do not have the higher maths which i would need to get an A in 6th year. Is it possible with enough effort to achieve an A?? This is the CFE higher maths btw
Reply 1
Yes, if your algebra is good enough.
It all depends on how dedicated you are to it. I have a C at GCSE and an A* at a-level. You can do it if you really want it.
Reply 3
Firstly well done on your exams!

Higher maths IMO is actually one of the easier highers if you're willing to commit a bit of time. Your interest in engineering tells me you probably fairly good with numbers and aren't unfamiliar with basic techniques. I don't know about CFE higher maths but in the old higher it didn't seem we used too much from standard grade and most things we did use were explained again. Even if you change your plan on becoming an engineer, higher maths is a great higher to have so I'd definitely go for it and if you're willing to dedicate (even just a little bit of) time you'll definitely get an A.
Reply 4
I'm a fourth year student and I am currently doing National 4 maths and want to do higher maths in fifth year as I have passed outcomes for national 5 maths and I have done extra work at home at NAT5 level. What does "Crash higher" mean? Does it mean like doing a Higher in fifth year even though you haven't studied NAT5 in fourth year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending