Turn on thread page Beta

is it worth to come study in UK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all (forgive me for wrong spelling ... )
    UK always has special place in my heart, people 70% are friendly and have sense of humor and this was the main reason to come study in UK universities, but I am realy dissappointed regarding the education system at universities. to be honist i do not feel that there is a teachers who realy spend time with you to teach you, it is more look like a self study.

I did my Master at Birmingham university where i should find and search every thing by self (although there were alot of information sources), and to be fair some of them did give us some information regarding how we can finish reports and blablablabalbalba....

However, spending 9 K pound as fees and 2k for living and get master in 6 months + 3 months final project with company (if you lucky to find 1) in my opinion not realy worth ( do you believe that master degree from UK not accepted in countries such as Egypt). you can study in Germany where no fee and all u need to pay is your living cost and you can not get Master degree until your teachers are ealy satisfied with your level. not in UK you cant see your supervisor easily.

The course level is realy not that high , you can get the same course from many other places on the net who offer it online (self online study) it is cheaper and still get the same certificate and safe alot of money.

so is it worth to come study in UK? in my opinion no .... no ... no... because what u get is not worth what you pay for ... it is too far expensive.

Hopefuly this well not upset others but just want share opinion...

GOOD LUCK in England at Euro2004

ReputationRep:
    well, the reason i came here is the subject i want to study is better than my country's, also i was pretty sure i never fit in my country's education system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simple)
    Hi all (forgive me for wrong spelling ... )
    UK always has special place in my heart, people 70% are friendly and have sense of humore and this was the main reason to come study in UK universities, but I am realy dissappointed regarding the education system at universities. to be honist i do not feel that there is a teachers who realy spend time with you to teach you, it is more look like a self study.

I did my Master at Birmingham university where i should find and search every thing by self (althoug there is alot of information sources), and to be fair some of them did give us some information regarding how we can finish reports and blablablabalbalba....

However, spending 9 K pound as fees and 2k for living and get master in 6 months + 3 months final project with company (if you lucky to find 1) in my opinion not realy worth ( do you believe that master degree from UK not accepted in countries such as Egypt). you can study in Germany where no fee and all u need to pay is your living cost and you can not get Master degree until your teachers are ealy satisfied with your level. not in UK you cant see your supervisor easly.

The course level is realy not that high , you can get the same course from many other places on the net who offer it online (self study) and cheaper and still get the same certificate and safe alot of money.

so is it worth to come study in UK? in my opinion no .... no ... no... because what u get is not worth what you pay for ... it is too far expensive.

Hopefuly this well not upset others but just want share opinion...

GOOD LUCK in England at Euro2004
    Maybe you were unlucky, but I'd say that the UK has some world class universities- places like Oxford, Cambridge and LSE. I'd argue that a degree from those is worth the cost, especially considering how much good universities in the US are.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that it is the subject your main reason to come here? did you find and learn about the subject you want through teachers or by your self with other guidence? what about the fees. is it fair?

ReputationRep:
    well i agree with you some of the universities had good quality, what about the Birmingham university, I think it is one of them. the fees is realy too much.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is an excellent uni but I think you chose badly, the kind of ethos you were looking for is typical of Oxbridge etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Birmingham is an excellent uni but I think you chose badly, the kind of ethos you were looking for is typical of Oxbridge etc.
    Fees are almost every where in UK same, it is becomes more business than before, universities have to think how they can keep university on...... I can study 3 master degrees in the same time .... just manage your time. you do not need to be smart ... just pay the fees :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure that it is the subject your main reason to come here? did you find and learn about the subject you want through teachers or by your self with other guidence? what about the fees. is it fair?
    i must admit that i've paid some incredible money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sz72)
    i must admit that i've paid some incredible money...
    I did the same ... i rather safe them for my future .... by the way did you manage to get job

ReputationRep:
    Fees are almost every where in UK same, it is becomes more business than before, universities have to think how they can keep university on...... I can study 3 master degrees in the same time .... just manage your time. you do not need to be smart ... just pay the fees :rolleyes:
    But competition for Britain's best uni's is very high, no? And they award entirely on merit, not ability to pay (apart from maybe LSE?) don't they? I think the universities here are good on the whole.

ReputationRep:
    well, i dont work coz my parents just dont let me...but i will in September.

ReputationRep:
    But competition for Britain's best uni's is very high, no? And they award entirely on merit, not ability to pay (apart from maybe LSE?) don't they? I think the universities here are good on the whole.
    The competition between whom (UK universities) it is just like who want to be a millionare . .... they are the same .... to make it work but them with other top universities around the world then we can see the real level ... forigner studets should be part of the competition as they graduated from UK universities... you know what i mean :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The competition between whom (UK universities) it is just like who want to be a millionare . .... they are the same .... to make it work but them with other top universities around the world then we can see the real level ... forigner studets should be part of the competition as they graduated from UK universities... you know what i mean :rolleyes:
    Ummm not a clue what you mean to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    What exactly are you asking? You start a thread entitled

'Is it worth it to come study in the UK?' and respond with:

'...........so is it worth to come study in UK? in my opinion no .... no ... no... because what u get is not worth what you pay for ... it is too far expensive.'

All I know is that the universities here seem over populated with students from overseas, so obviously these foreigners have decided that the investment into their education is worth it in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sz72)
    well, i dont work coz my parents just dont let me...but i will in September.
    Although i do part time job £4.50 per hour to finish my PhD at leeds (which is self study) ... i found it very difficult to keep it going on .... my advice to you do not spend money on master degree .... spend it on PhD degree. ... it was big mistake for me

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham is an amazing uni, im off there in Sept, it doesn't get the credit it deserves on this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    What exactly are you asking? You start a thread entitled

'Is it worth it to come study in the UK?' and respond with:

'...........so is it worth to come study in UK? in my opinion no .... no ... no... because what u get is not worth what you pay for ... it is too far expensive.'

All I know is that the universities here seem over populated with students from overseas, so obviously these foreigners have decided that the investment into their education is worth it in the long term.
    yes i have to admit that universities populated with foreigners students .... but the question is did you ask them the same question on my title? ... i guess not .... I am one of them what i saw on prospectures not realy reflect the real situation ..... thats what i mean

ReputationRep:
    yes i have to admit that universities populated with foreigners students .... but the question is did you ask them the same question on my title? ... i guess not .... I am one of them what i saw on prospectures not realy reflect the real situation ..... thats what i mean
    So would you have preffered to do like a trial? Where you could spend a few months in a British university so that you can feel and experience what its like, before you decided?

ReputationRep:
    Ummm not a clue what you mean to be honest!
    I mean if the university team consists of oversea students do you think they will stand in this competition against other universities teams around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    So would you have preffered to do like a trial? Where you could spend a few months in a British university so that you can feel and experience what its like, before you decided?
    oh yes .... then and honistly i will not spend a penny on master degree but i will do for PhD degree

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.