The Student Room Group

Diagnosed with Depression, Anorexia and Buimia. AMA

Poll

Should I seek help?

Yes it is possible to have both anorexia and bulimia. Aside from that question, AMA

Scroll to see replies

How are you feeling right now?
Oh look at me I know lot of science words
Reply 3
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Oh look at me I know lot of science words

Do you need them explaining? (That was meant to sound patronising)
do you know other guys who have them?
What do you think lead to you developing these problems?
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
do you know other guys who have them?

None with bulimia, but I do know others with depression and anorexia
Reply 7
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm
How are you feeling right now?

Not great
Reply 8
Original post by Little Popcorns
What do you think lead to you developing these problems?

Well my dad decided to spring on us that he got married to a Russian woman with a child, which I didn't take well. One of my male exes have just been being a colossal bum (paraphrasing there). My mum has been being a massive pain in the A-hole and has been putting a bunch of pressure on me, and it just led from there.
Original post by Kalail
Well my dad decided to spring on us that he got married to a Russian woman with a child, which I didn't take well. One of my male exes have just been being a colossal bum (paraphrasing there). My mum has been being a massive pain in the A-hole and has been putting a bunch of pressure on me, and it just led from there.
Sorry to hear that, are you getting help for the MH stuff?
Reply 10
Sorry to hear that, are you getting help for the MH stuff?

I don't want help. I know I probably need it, but I don't want it.
Original post by Kalail
I don't want help. I know I probably need it, but I don't want it.

you should get it. my girlfriend was diagnosed with anorexia and the only reason she is alive and well as I type this is due to the help she got. please seek help

horrible, scarily under-recognised illness. best wishes for your recovery
Reply 12
Original post by danavfc96
you should get it. my girlfriend was diagnosed with anorexia and the only reason she is alive and well as I type this is due to the help she got. please seek help

horrible, scarily under-recognised illness. best wishes for your recovery

I'll only seek help if it gets to the point of severe life and death, until then, I am quite happy wasting away into nothingness
Original post by Kalail
Yes it is possible to have both anorexia and bulimia. Aside from that question, AMA

Was it easy to google symptoms and lie to ya Doctor?
Original post by Kalail
Not great

:console:
Original post by Kalail
I'll only seek help if it gets to the point of severe life and death, until then, I am quite happy wasting away into nothingness

Well I don't want to alarm you but a lot of anorexics just die because they think they'll notice when they're extremely ill but they don't.

Get help asap before you die.
Reply 16
Original post by Joshb873
Was it easy to google symptoms and lie to ya Doctor?

You really think that I would joke or lie about this?!? Depression, anorexia, and bulimia are not things that should be joked about or taken lightly. The fact that you would even think this makes me doubt your empathy.
Reply 17
Well I don't want to alarm you but a lot of anorexics just die because they think they'll notice when they're extremely ill but they don't.

Get help asap before you die.

Has it occurred to you that I may want to die? Maybe not of anorexia, but still want to die? And I don't want help with it.
Original post by Kalail
Has it occurred to you that I may want to die? Maybe not of anorexia, but still want to die? And I don't want help with it.
Of course it has but I think that's not exactly you speaking but the illness. You're so young and you still have much to experience. I don't want to patronise you but at 14/15 your hormones still haven't calmed down and that probably won't be helping the situation. You don't have to be alone with this :hugs: see your doctor and get help please.
Original post by Kalail
You really think that I would joke or lie about this?!? Depression, anorexia, and bulimia are not things that should be joked about or taken lightly. The fact that you would even think this makes me doubt your empathy.

You're trying way too hard. Stop, slow down, take a breath, realise your issues which are not medical.

Quick Reply

Latest