The Student Room Group

Running the London Marathon with free flowing period..

Poll

Free flowing periods are...

Buzzfeed posted an article about a lady who ran the London Marathon with a free flowing period and I noticed almost all of the comments said it was disgusting..
When I read the article my thoughts were that it was wonderful and liberating but it seems not many people felt the same.. everyone was stuck at the hygiene issue
So what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

being male I have no opinion on this other than awsome

but as we know it's us males who can't handle this natural part of womanhood
Reply 2
It would be disgusting for someone to run the marathon with a free flowing nose bleed. This has nothing to do with being 'wonderful' and 'liberating'.
It's nasty tbh, and it was to "raise awareness" about women who don't have tampons around the world.
Donating to charities who buy reusable period cups for girls and women to allow them to go to school and go about their daily business is much more useful imo.
How is this even an issue? Rather than wasting time on empty non-stories, these news distributors should just announce that they have run out of news to report. They should leave a notice on their homepage reading "There is no news today."
It is the same as running the marathon with free flowing Diarrhoea to raise awareness for IBS. It is just nasty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by DiddyDec
It is the same as running the marathon with free flowing Diarrhoea to raise awareness for IBS. It is just nasty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The main difference is that period blood isn't full of bad bacteria like diarrhoea is.. if it was so dirty then period pads would be dangerous.. cause at the end of the day the only difference was the risk of it being visible, it wasnt dangerous to her or anyone else's health
Original post by Hevachan
The main difference is that period blood isn't full of bad bacteria like diarrhoea is.. if it was so dirty then period pads would be dangerous.. cause at the end of the day the only difference was the risk of it being visible, it wasnt dangerous to her or anyone else's health

i agree you cant compare the two, but it is extremely unsanitary to run a marathon while you're on your period
that's disgusting
Reply 10
Original post by scriberg
i agree you cant compare the two, but it is extremely unsanitary to run a marathon while you're on your period

I'm not saying this to challenge you but as a genuine question:
Why is it more unsanitary than a pad? As long as you don't sit down anywhere and clean yourself/wash clothes afterwards, what makes it worse?
Buzzfeed posted an article about a lady who ran the London Marathon with a free flowing period and I noticed almost all of the comments said it was disgusting..
When I read the article my thoughts were that it was wonderful and liberating but it seems not many people felt the same.. everyone was stuck at the hygiene issue
So what do you guys think?

The London Mayor saved money on marking the no parking Red Route
(edited 8 years ago)
Bet the tumblr feminists love it.
I personally don't think there was any need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not saying this to challenge you but as a genuine question:
Why is it more unsanitary than a pad? As long as you don't sit down anywhere and clean yourself/wash clothes afterwards, what makes it worse?

she wasnt wearing a pad

No problem with it.
How disgsusting
Original post by scriberg
she wasnt wearing a pad

I'm sorry but no, that is gross. :naughty:

I bet she didn't intentionally mean to do it, she probably came on when she was about to start and was like "fk it, I can't back out now." :colonhash:
sorry that's disgusting, your period is something you should keep to yourself. She can't wear those trousers again.
It's perfectly natural. Before we wore clothes, and therefore before we used sanitary products, it would have just flowed freely down our legs anyway, so I don't see the problem.

However the situation changes as soon as she sits on a chair, transferring it onto something else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending