Asian student who stabbed black teacher in racist attack sentenced to 11 years.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
noodlesoups
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
An asian student who stabbed a black teacher in a racist attack has been sentenced to 11 years detention.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...court-bradford

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Bradford.html
thesabbath
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He was described as Asian in news reports at the time.

Now he has been sentenced, the media are noisily referring to the incident as a racially-motivated attack on a black teacher, while failing to mention the race of the pupil. I'll leave the obvious inference by omission to the reader.
The-light
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thesabbath)

Now he has been sentenced, the media are noisily referring to the incident as a racially-motivated attack on a black teacher, while failing to mention the race of the pupil. I'll leave the obvious inference by omission to the reader.
I get your point. The inference is than it must have been a white to black racially motivated attack because all whites and only whites and racist and everyone else is the victim.

But why did the media describe his race at the beginning then drop the reference later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1986099
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't understand why this still happens in our day and age. Thank god the teacher is okay and well.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

From the Guardian Article;

the boy, who is of Pakistani origin,

I doubt they are referring to a white Pakistani.
Fango_Jett
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

He's referred to as Pakistani in the article. Remind me again how many white, latino, or black Pakistanis there are?
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fango_Jett)
He's referred to as Pakistani in the article. Remind me again how many white, latino, or black Pakistanis there are?
Well during the Rochdale and Rotherham outcries, Muhammad Muhammad Ahmed Muhammad Asif Muhammad and his mates, of Pakistani origin, might have been Christian, Buddhist or a believer in the Norse Gods for all we know and if you disagreed you were racist.
thesabbath
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
From the Guardian Article;

[/font]

I doubt they are referring to a white Pakistani.
(Original post by Fango_Jett)
At the time I made my comment no news media was referring to his race. It's almost unnerving that the Guardian of all places has edited it in.
TSR432
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
Well during the Rochdale and Rotherham outcries, Muhammad Muhammad Ahmed Muhammad Asif Muhammad and his mates, of Pakistani origin, might have been Christian, Buddhist or a believer in the Norse Gods for all we know and if you disagreed you were racist.
Was that his actual name? What an awful name haha
MilitantMindset
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I understand the point OP is making, in modern society when the media talks of a racist murder of a Black man, the implication is that the racist murderer was White rather than Pakistani.
thesabbath
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some creative spin here:

An anti-racism charity claims the racially motivated stabbing of a black teacher is linked to the anti-immigrant language used by politicians.

A teenage boy who stabbed a teacher, Vincent Uzomah, and boasted about the attack in racist terms on Facebook was given an 11-year sentence on Monday at Bradford crown court.

Laura Pidcock, education manager at the anti-racism education charity Show Racism the Red Card, said the incident, on 11 June, should be seen in the context of derogatory remarks about migrants made recently by politicians and the media.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rants-language
Greenlaner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some creative spin here:

Of course, because even when it's not a white person doing it, it's still white people's fault, somehow.
Evening
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But asians can't be racist! Only white people can be racist!
KimKallstrom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TSR432)
Haha I was being facetious but they were obvious Muslim names (I think half of them were literally called Muhammad and their names were published at this point) but people on here were trying to tell others they were racist for assuming they were Muslim.
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some creative spin here:

Wtf, why would a British Pakistani, probably first or second generation immigrant in a hugely diverse city, stab a black teacher in response to language on migrants?
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

They did mention it, he is pakistani.
chickencock
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by German123)
They did mention it, he is pakistani.
In the small print they mentioned it.
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by chickencock)
In the small print they mentioned it.

What is wrong with that? small print or big print? they still mentioned his ethnicity.
thisistheend
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TSR432)
No that's not it. Keep looking, the truth is out there.
TheAbyss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

(Original post by The-light)
I get your point. The inference is than it must have been a white to black racially motivated attack because all whites and only whites and racist and everyone else is the victim.

But why did the media describe his race at the beginning then drop the reference later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
He is pakistani. Its not that surprising that he'd be racist to the black teacher. There is a major problem when it comes to racial discrimination towards those with darker skin in India and Pakistan, it stems from hindu caste system.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads